Feeling the burn...out, if you know what I mean!

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
I've been spending the past few weeks taking myself to the next level including but not limited to nutrition intake/diet regimen, researching and setting up a new workout program, setting out short and long term goals, etc. Naturally, like most of us, I hit the ground running full of excitement. Three weeks have gone by, and I'm starting to feel burned out. I think I hit it off too fast and need to recoup and take a short break due to stress at work, girlfriend, etc. Give my head and body some time to get back into a natural homeostasis of sorts.

Anyone recommend some short one-two week programs that are specifically used for "break periods"?

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
6x6 program by vince gironda, helps break plateau, look it up, its volume training, and watch the stress,that interrupts everything in the body and it raises cortisol levels and lowers insulin

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
6x6 program by vince gironda, helps break plateau, look it up, its volume training, and watch the stress,that interrupts everything in the body and it raises cortisol levels and lowers insulin
I appreciate it, I will take a look into him. Is this something I can start right away? Or should I take a few days to recoup first?

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
start right away, I havent looked into how he does it meaning if he either uses it as a full body routine of muscle per day since I'm using another one of his techniques

Jcweinsx

Awards
I run 5x5 program 2 day split 3x a week that I added 1-2 week rest periods every 4-5 weeks. during rest periods i drop # of sets to 2 or 3 and cut the weight to 50%. I do mainly compound lifts so i don't do 5 different exercises for a muscle group. You can still get a good workout by focusing on speed or contraction/extension. This really helps my CNS recover and I come back feeling fresh. DC and blueprint also have rest periods similar to this.

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
I run 5x5 program 2 day split 3x a week that I added 1-2 week rest periods every 4-5 weeks. during rest periods i drop # of sets to 2 or 3 and cut the weight to 50%. I do mainly compound lifts so i don't do 5 different exercises for a muscle group. You can still get a good workout by focusing on speed or contraction/extension. This really helps my CNS recover and I come back feeling fresh. DC and blueprint also have rest periods similar to this.
Awesome! That's great stuff bro!