Home Gym Help

T

TexasGuy

Awards
I'm not sure where to post this but want more exposure than general chat would give.

I plan to build a garage gym within the next few months but have an issue with grading. Living in Houston, houses are built stand up to hurricanes and floods, which means my garage floor gradually slants away from my house as it moves out to the driveway.

I am hoping to find a quick and dirty levelling solution without hiring a contractor to pour new concrete in the gym section. Are there any snap together rubber pieces that can be ordered to custom thickness to match my grade for example?

The slant is pretty awesome for a slight deficit where appropriate but limits many important, heavy lifts. Even the gradual grade is noticeable with a few hundred pounds across my back for example and I want to say goodbye to commercial gyms for good.

Thanks in advance,

TexasGuy

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
yes they do. however finding the best offset differences may be difficult. you might need to build the floor up

T

TexasGuy

Awards
Can you point me in the right direction for pre-measured tiles? I've been searching around google with no luck.

I have found leveling compound pretty cheap but I have a feeling if I do it myself I'll wind up with a concrete model lava field. Honestly it would probably be safer if I just tore some phone books to size and duck taped them in place.

I've considered building a wooden platform too but it won't help much to level the rack.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Can you point me in the right direction for pre-measured tiles? I've been searching around google with no luck.

I have found leveling compound pretty cheap but I have a feeling if I do it myself I'll wind up with a concrete model lava field. Honestly it would probably be safer if I just tore some phone books to size and duck taped them in place.

I've considered building a wooden platform too but it won't help much to level the rack.
a wooden platform would be easiest, just level it out and shim where needed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PolishHamm3r77 Training Forum 9
brandlife Training Forum 70
Z Natural Bodybuilding 0
D General Chat 0
M Training Forum 10