GVT - P/RR/S Programs - What do you think?

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
Does anyone have any recommendations for these two programs? I've been on my current program for about 6 weeks and haven't noticed any gains in strenght/fat loss. Considering a mix of GVT and PRRS. (I know these are two distinct programs, yet I've heard awesome things about both). Tall lifter here, over 6'3, standing at 205 and about 16% bf.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I have been using PRRS for some time now and continue to see results especially when mixing in a hybrid week which is mix of PRRS into 1 workout. Also implementing FD/FS is killer for breaking plateaus and putting on size, but is something you don't do long term. You go right back in to normal PRRS. Highly recommend it !

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love both programs bro GVT is some crazy fun volume

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
I have been using PRRS for some time now and continue to see results especially when mixing in a hybrid week which is mix of PRRS into 1 workout. Also implementing FD/FS is killer for breaking plateaus and putting on size, but is something you don't do long term. You go right back in to normal PRRS. Highly recommend it !
That sounds great. I found some info regards to supplementation for these programs, which I plan on prepping for this weekend. Looks great!

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
Love both programs bro GVT is some crazy fun volume
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know legs oftentimes need a tremendous amount of volume. I used GVT tonight for legs, needless to say I've never felt so exhausted after a leg workout and practically crawled outta the gym!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know legs oftentimes need a tremendous amount of volume. I used GVT tonight for legs, needless to say I've never felt so exhausted after a leg workout and practically crawled outta the gym!
Yeah 10x10 squats will do that bro lol

pmdied

Awards
How is gvt for say chest or biceps? Both are lagging for me.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
That sounds great. I found some info regards to supplementation for these programs, which I plan on prepping for this weekend. Looks great!
Right on man, well keep us updated!

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
The only thing I question are the differences between this 10x10 and say a 5x5 or 6x6 program. Ill have to do more research.

TexasGuy

Awards
The only thing I question are the differences between this 10x10 and say a 5x5 or 6x6 program. Ill have to do more research.
Volume primarily.

10x10= 100 reps vs. 25 reps with a 5x5 or 36 on a 6x6.

Traditionally lower reps with heavier weight are used for strength where higher reps and lower weight are for sculpting.

Center your research around heavy vs. high volume.

And as BDCC mentioned in the linked thread, if it isn't GVT it isn't GVT. Either you're doing the routine as prescribed or not, same for any routine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jsmith219 Training Forum 1
Jsmith219 Training Forum 12
Training Forum 43
Hansistyle Training Forum 2
dactyl Workout Logs 12