Training lagging body parts while on testosterone cypionate cycle

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Since steroids in general promote more rapid muscle recovery, can I get away with doing 2 heavy leg sessions per week?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on volume, conditioning, and your definition of "heavy." To me, heavy is sets of 1-3, but that differs from person to person.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If conditioning and programming is correct, you can do 3-4 sessions a week naturally. Depending on the phase, I train legs 2-3 times a week in addition to 2-3 days a week of plyometrics and speed training.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Your definition of heavy is important, but I squat at >80% twice per week and my legs are coming up and I'm not feeling fatigued. Every other week or so I throw in some high volume on the squat, 4 sets of 20 or so, and I think that has played an important role in my improved development. Something worth trying if you haven't before.

I don't think you've got anything to worry about if you're getting sufficient nutrition, rest and recovery. It might be easier to advise you if you gave us a look at a typical workout w/ sets & reps, just because I think people have a tendency to use the word "heavy" a little loosely when it comes to leg day. Also, being on cycle will make recovery a lot quicker.