Tough mudder

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Has anyone on here done one of these before? Or something similar anyway. I'm seriously considering signing up for one that's a few months away and I was just curious as to how anyone may have trained for this.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've ran a few. Just train for strength and stamina and you'll be fine. They are tough, but it's not like you are going through BUD/s to be a Navy Seal.

If you can run 3-5 miles easily then you'll have the mudder in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

boogyman

Awards
Has anyone on here done one of these before? Or something similar anyway. I'm seriously considering signing up for one that's a few months away and I was just curious as to how anyone may have trained for this.
I have done many of them. If you have decent stamina you will be fine. Depending on the course you do a lot of it is more about mental toughness. I did one in PA where it was freezing, and being cold and wet can get to a lot of people.

A lot of people do them in a group, but make sure if you go that route the group takes it somewhat serious, and there are no poosies grouped with you. My first Mudder I had to leave my entire group because they kept stopping, walking, complaing about stuff. I was in my car halfway to NJ by the time they even finished the course.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Awesome thanks guys. The one I'd be doing is in the middle of April so I think my biggest thing is getting the cardio going. It definitely does look like a mental challenge for sure.

Also do either of y'all have any preference on using gloves or not? I've never used gloves for lifting but I know this would be a a bit different haha

boogyman

Awards
Awesome thanks guys. The one I'd be doing is in the middle of April so I think my biggest thing is getting the cardio going. It definitely does look like a mental challenge for sure.

Also do either of y'all have any preference on using gloves or not? I've never used gloves for lifting but I know this would be a a bit different haha
I used gloves. Theres wet ropes and wood you could get splinters from when climbing. Wear shoes you dont mind throwing out. I bought running shoes when i started training, wore them every time i ran, then used them in the event and chucked them.

You want a glove like this, not a lifting glove:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001TGWQ4W/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1&qid=1359901845&sr=1-4

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I usually do you gloves for te longer harder courses like the mudder and spartan race. I bought a cheap pair that are similar to mechanix just cheaper, but have the grippy texture in the palm. Though they didn't actually help on the greased monkey bars. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com