Shoulder injury or normal?

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
With all the experienced members here, I assume someone has has a similar circumstance as me. Lately, my left shoulder has been popping in certain motions and I've always had a hard time contracting my chest (possibly because of this type of thing) and lately I'm hitting my chest very frequently because its my weakest part. Today was shoulders and occasionally my left arm and hand went a bit tingly.

I really want my chest to grow but every motion seems to bother or fatigue my shoulders rather than chest and my left shoulder always feels like it's not exactly in the right position (for lack of a better way to describe it). Any suggestions?

Also, my hips pop ridiculously and grind a bit though I've gotten an X-ray which said I was fine.

I put on a lot of muscle and strength in a short period of time, so I suppose I could be overloading my joints. I use a lot of fish oil. Would glucosamine help? My left arm feels a bit funny still right now...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciate.

napalm

napalm

Awards
the 'popping' in and of itself doesn't mean much. the left arm and hand tingling is another story. the first thing that comes to mind is a cervical disc is being compressed in the area of C5-C7. what side of your arm and hand was tingly? if it was the thumb side the radial nerve could be being compressed somewhere along its course, if it's the pinky side, it would be the ulnar nerve.

get it checked out...

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
Pinky side. Finding a competent doctor is difficult. Every one I've been to lately has been a waste of time and I wonder how to find a good one.

napalm

napalm

Awards
any major universities in your area? docs associated with universities usually do research, and are generally more up to date on the latest treatments/diagnostics than the corner PCP. i'd prolly start with a neurologist rather than an orthopod in this case. if surgery is needed he/she can refer you to someone.

good luck...

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
Ok that's a great idea, thank you. The tingling was subtle and this was the first time but it's been popping for maybe up to a year. Would you still suggest doing that or waiting it out and leaving it if it ends up just being the popping? I plan on bench pressing often lol.

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
I will definitely consider going to a university for a doctor. That's genius.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Ok that's a great idea, thank you. The tingling was subtle and this was the first time but it's been popping for maybe up to a year. Would you still suggest doing that or waiting it out and leaving it if it ends up just being the popping? I plan on bench pressing often lol.
it's your decision obviously, if the tingling keeps up i'd get it checked out sooner rather than later...

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I would get it checked out like napalm said, but I have had shoulder problems in the past getting the same tingle like you have had. I would also see a chiropractor regularly. This is smart for any athlete/bodybuilder, making sure everything is aligned. My chiropractor has worked on many athletes has done wonders to my shoulders.

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
Ok I will. Thanks guys. I used to get massages periodically, but that got expensive but was great. Did you ever get the tingling checked out? Today the shoulder popping is causing some subtle dull pain down to my hand. It's not awful. Do you still get that feeling or did it just go away?

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Ok I will. Thanks guys. I used to get massages periodically, but that got expensive but was great. Did you ever get the tingling checked out? Today the shoulder popping is causing some subtle dull pain down to my hand. It's not awful. Do you still get that feeling or did it just go away?
Well on top of seeing the chiropractor i would also get a sport massage once a month that is a combination between a massage and stretching. I have had shoulder surgery before and I had and still have some popping, which doesn't mean its a bad thing. I knew something was up when i would get tingles and I can usually tell when I need adjusted. I went in to see him and he said that I was pinching/putting pressure on a nerve causing the tingles. He did a few things to my shoulder and and I could tell an instant change, but went away completely few days later.

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
That sounds exactly like mine. Who was it that fixed the nerve pressure? It literally happened (down to my pinky) as I was reading this. On the check list I have massage therapist, chiropractor, neurologist and orthopedic but I'm trying to prioritize.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
That sounds exactly like mine. Who was it that fixed the nerve pressure? It literally happened (down to my pinky) as I was reading this. On the check list I have massage therapist, chiropractor, neurologist and orthopedic but I'm trying to prioritize.
chiropractor

I would make sure you find someone that is use to working on athletes/bodybuilders. I'm fortunate enough that this guy has done it for so long and even offered to work for the Cleveland Browns. Do a little research. Some people don't believe in chiropractors, but every time I have had a problem, I walk out better and there after until something happens again. I think its good to go in once or every couple of months to stay on top of everything.

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
Very cool. I will look it up. Thanks for the help

ATPsMussels

ATPsMussels

Awards
I have to train chest tomorrow a little heavier than I've been going and I'm a bit nervous about that.