Critique

W13NY

Awards
I've had more time lately so I've been doing a 5 day split, just want to see if anyone has any suggestions to add to it

Lifting Experience: 4.5 Years
Height: 5'10
Weight: 180
Body Type: Ectomorph
Goal: Lean Mass

*Warm up sets arent included, and ab workouts are done every other workout.

Mon - Back
Rack Deadlifts 3
TBar Rows 3
Wide Grip Pullups/downs 4
DB Rows 3
Reverse Pulldowns 3

Tues - Shoulders
Military Press 4
Side Raises w/ Front Raises 3
Reverse DB Flys 3
DB Shrugs 4

Thurs - Arms
Reverse CGBP 3
Incline DB Curls
Dips 3
Hammer Curls 3
VBar Pushdowns 3
Preacher Curls 3

Fri - Legs
Squats 3
Leg Press OR Front Squats 3
Leg Extensions 3
SLDL 2
Leg Curls 2
Calf Press 3
Calf Raises 2

Sat - Chest
Flat BB 3
Incline BB 3
Decline DB 3
DB Flys 3

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
gaining lean mass is going to depend more on diet than your workout.

at 180lbs why are trying to put together a program that someone 100lbs more then you and 10+ years more experience than you would do?

i assume those numbers mean the number of sets. how about the reps? and at what percentage are they done?

what is your progression plan?

is there going to be any mobility work done?

what about prehab work?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what he said ^

I also recommend getting on a proven training program instead of making one up yourself

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
does it drive anyone else insane that he claims ectomorph at 5'10 and 180lbs. i swear to god people overplay that term and "hard gainer" way too much. if you were a tue ectomorph, youd be 5'10 130lbs with a narrow ass face and long ass limbs and fingers

btw, arm only days are stupid. 3 variations of bench pressing on chest day is stupid. shrugs are trap work. rack pulls are hamstring work. squats and deads on same day is stupid (no way in hell youre giving the sldl 100% effort after squats)

look into stronglifts

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
does it drive anyone else insane that he claims ectomorph at 5'10 and 180lbs. i swear to god people overplay that term and "hard gainer" way too much. if you were a tue ectomorph, youd be 5'10 130lbs with a narrow ass face and long ass limbs and fingers

btw, arm only days are stupid. 3 variations of bench pressing on chest day is stupid. shrugs are trap work. rack pulls are hamstring work. squats and deads on same day is stupid (no way in hell youre giving the sldl 100% effort after squats)

look into stronglifts
I beg to differ on rack pulls being a hamstring-based lift or that you can't give 100% effort on SLDL after squats.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
lol, i like to call squat and deadlift day a powerlifting meet or in training, man day. ;)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of volume probably more then you need to grow. As some others have said gaining weight is going to come down to diet more so then the type of workout or split your doing. Posting your diet would also be a good idea. You want muscle hypertrophy but not more then your body can handle before another workout.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Nutrition / Health 14