Best cardio pace and time
- 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM
- 01-30-2013, 05:39 AM
- 01-30-2013, 05:54 AM
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
depends on who u ask and how much time u have
layne norton likes hiit because it will continue to burn fat....he says low intensity will also burn fat but in a short period of time will become less effective
i also like the idea of hiit training if you don't want to spend all day in the gym doing cardio
however i know people who swear by low intensity cardio, they say doing something like walking at an incline allows them to burn fat while maintaining muscle and not burning it off
I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
01-30-2013, 11:02 AM
- 5'10" 220 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Do whichever you find most enjoyable.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
- HIIT builds fitness faster. 30 min @ 60% vs 10x4 @ 90% w/ 2 min rest. Aerobic capacity increased by 13%, fat burning capacity up by 36%, and key aerobic enzymes increased by 25%
- Journal Applied Physilogy, 102: 1439-1447, 2007
- High intensity weight training boosts blood sugar control.
- Strength training increases fat metabolism by stimulating beta-adrenic receptors – cell structures that make adrenaline and increase metabolism and fat use.
- Improves blood sugar metabolism
- Univ. of Montana, led by Andy Miller showed that high intensity/low volume weight training promoted better blood sugar regulation than low intensity/high volume work.
- Journal Strength Conditioning Research, 21: 330-335, 2007
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
οκ i am doing 50' cardio on a treadmill at 17km/h approximately 16km is it ok ?or is it too much..??
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
i used to run a few miles every day as a newb and with my tall frame I just lost mass all over. It was a big waste of time.
HIIT is far superior to long cardio sessions if you want to burn fat and keep muscle. It made a HUGE difference and I'll never go back. I get done in 1/3 of the time now too. Sprinting uphill in intervals is king.
Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
Similar Forum Threads
- By CDB in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
- By azgymrat in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
- By TravTriggz in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2004, 05:00 PM
- By Swanson52 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2004, 05:39 PM
- By Brendan6787 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2003, 12:41 PM