Best cardio pace and time
- 01-29-2013, 11:58 PM
- 01-30-2013, 06:39 AM
- 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
depends on who u ask and how much time u have
layne norton likes hiit because it will continue to burn fat....he says low intensity will also burn fat but in a short period of time will become less effective
i also like the idea of hiit training if you don't want to spend all day in the gym doing cardio
however i know people who swear by low intensity cardio, they say doing something like walking at an incline allows them to burn fat while maintaining muscle and not burning it off
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
- HIIT builds fitness faster. 30 min @ 60% vs 10x4 @ 90% w/ 2 min rest. Aerobic capacity increased by 13%, fat burning capacity up by 36%, and key aerobic enzymes increased by 25%
- Journal Applied Physilogy, 102: 1439-1447, 2007
- High intensity weight training boosts blood sugar control.
- Strength training increases fat metabolism by stimulating beta-adrenic receptors – cell structures that make adrenaline and increase metabolism and fat use.
- Improves blood sugar metabolism
- Univ. of Montana, led by Andy Miller showed that high intensity/low volume weight training promoted better blood sugar regulation than low intensity/high volume work.
- Journal Strength Conditioning Research, 21: 330-335, 2007
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
οκ i am doing 50' cardio on a treadmill at 17km/h approximately 16km is it ok ?or is it too much..??
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
i used to run a few miles every day as a newb and with my tall frame I just lost mass all over. It was a big waste of time.
HIIT is far superior to long cardio sessions if you want to burn fat and keep muscle. It made a HUGE difference and I'll never go back. I get done in 1/3 of the time now too. Sprinting uphill in intervals is king.
Similar Forum Threads
- By CDB in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
- By azgymrat in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-28-2005, 08:30 PM
- By TravTriggz in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
- By Swanson52 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2004, 06:39 PM
- By Brendan6787 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:41 PM