Cardio

DaZearge

DaZearge

Awards
I'm a 37 year old trying to gain lean muscle and burn body. Should I do cardio everyday?

TexasGuy

Awards
It depends on the type of cardio.

Generally speaking, low intensity forms won't cut in to muscle recovery but high intensity may.

If you plan to incorporate high intensity cardio to a bulking routine, less is more. Try maybe two days per week and after a couple weeks decide if you can handle more or need less.

Personally I've found that when trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, low intensity cardio done frequently is best. Routines geared to building muscle will tear you down and recovery is crucial for muscle gain. A "gentle" 20 minute speed walk on a treadmill incline after lifting sessions burns extra calories and won't hamper recovery.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
diet is going to play a larger role then cardio. i am a fan of cardio for the cardiovascular system. and if you are lifting hard, there is a cardio effect. so why split them? do what i like to call wardio. lift hard and heavy, keep the rest short, and you will get better conditioned.

or do the north of vag workout. heavy lifting followed by prowler work or hill sprints.