Doing legs at home. Anything other than squats?

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Trying to incorporate more legs into my routine which I've been avoiding for a while. I have a squat rack and my legs at the moment are pretty weak. So for the past 3 weeks I've been doing Five 135 lbs sets at 10-12 reps. I have a squat rack and treadmill so I'm looking for anything else I can add on to the routine.

Lunges with weights?
HIIT on the treadmill?

Did a leg routine today. Should I let my legs rest a day before HIIT or no? Thanx

Oh and how fast should I increase the weight? Weekly? About a 10% increase? Or whatever I can push?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Trying to incorporate more legs into my routine which I've been avoiding for a while. I have a squat rack and my legs at the moment are pretty weak. So for the past 3 weeks I've been doing Five 135 lbs sets at 10-12 reps. I have a squat rack and treadmill so I'm looking for anything else I can add on to the routine.

Lunges with weights?
HIIT on the treadmill?

Did a leg routine today. Should I let my legs rest a day before HIIT or no? Thanx

Oh and how fast should I increase the weight? Weekly? About a 10% increase? Or whatever I can push?
Read up on starting strength. Milk it for all it's worth then move onto an intermediate program.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Read up on starting strength. Milk it for all it's worth then move onto an intermediate program.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Is that a sticky on one of the sub forums?

napalm

napalm

Awards
i'm sure there's some threads here, but do some research. mark rippetoe starting strength. you can find the layout anywhere, or better yet, buy the book...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Deadlifts and variations, squat and some variations, Lunges and variations, Good Mornings, Stiff legged deads, Glute Ham Raises ( a must really), Unilateral SLDL's etc.