Lacking middle back traps

Samc90

Awards
Basically I've been doing the general dead lifts, t bar rows, barbell rows, cable rows then pull downs to finish off,
But seriously lack middle traps, any one know any good routines to target this area?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Face pulls

Rack pulls

Pendlay rows

Heavy deadlifts

Snatch grip deadlifts

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
face pulls work great

Samc90

Awards
Think I'm just going to prioritise mostly middle back instead of last for a change , see what happens

Cheers for the in put guys

aceroni

Awards
Face pulls

Rack pulls

Pendlay rows

Heavy deadlifts

Snatch grip deadlifts

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Basically what he said is spot on, but he missed one vital movement.. Scap rows!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are a good activation and/or strengthening exercise you can use as well. Keep your elbows locked and use a full ROM. 1-2 sets of 12 reps prior to bench pressing and 3-4 sets of 8 reps for strength/mass.

[video=youtube;G16RsPZga90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16RsPZga90[/video]

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I saw a cool video by Dr Jim Stoppani about straight arm "dips" specifically activating middle traps

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Hanging shrugs/scapular retractions. This is a movement that requires strict form and focus, but blasts the middle and lower traps.

Sent from my iPhone

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw a cool video by Dr Jim Stoppani about straight arm "dips" specifically activating middle traps
Scapula dips. Great for the lower traps (kind of the reverse of a shrug). I have a video of this on the iphone that I'm hoping to get onto the youtube channel today. I'll post it in my scapular activations thread.

aceroni

Awards
Scapula dips. Great for the lower traps (kind of the reverse of a shrug). I have a video of this on the iphone that I'm hoping to get onto the youtube channel today. I'll post it in my scapular activations thread.
Can you send a link good sir?
I only started hammering my upper back within the last year. As of four months ago due to a chest strain I actually started training it twice a week and my whole body exploded. Especially my back, which has always been a strong point for me, but it could always be better.

one of the best things about training is you can always learn more from others. The moment you stop believing that is the moment your progress comes to a screeching halt.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Can you send a link good sir?
I only started hammering my upper back within the last year. As of four months ago due to a chest strain I actually trained it twice and my wife body exploded. Especially my back, which has always been a strong point for me
[video=youtube;h0J7YwDMLYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0J7YwDMLYs[/video]

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the above video except that the head and neck are extended...most people have excessive SCM activity and shortening as it is. Tuck the chin and flex the neck to maintain deep cervical flexor activity and increase the ROM while doing these.

[video=youtube_share;Ucj5HZFfXes]http://youtu.be/Ucj5HZFfXes[/video]

aceroni

Awards
That one tip just made all the difference in the world

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Exactly what I was going to recommend that ZirRed posted about the prone Db shrug. These are great and really focuses on the mid trap.