How often do you correct a stranger's form?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I posed this question on my facebook performance page...but I want to pose it here too.

Which is more annoying:

Crossfitters in commercial gym who take up nearly ever squat rack and barbell for 30 minutes and only spend about 45 seconds using each.

Psuedo-Jersian shore dudes wearing shirts cut from the armpit to the hip curling in the squat rack???

Funny I was just thinking of this the other day and I cannot tell a lie. That was me when I was a teenager and now when I see it it pisses me off so bad lol it's usually the smallest kids in the gym too

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    [/B]

Funny I was just thinking of this the other day and I cannot tell a lie. That was me when I was a teenager and now when I see it it pisses me off so bad lol it's usually the smallest kids in the gym too
    do they actually sell shirts with those big ass armpits?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I wish I had some of you guys in my gym to correct my form. If it makes me a more efficient lifter/ less likely to injury, then hurt my feelings. Please?
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by marcink99 View Post
    do they actually sell shirts with those big ass armpits?
    No sadly I would just cut up an old t shirt...glad I grew out of that "look at me" stage after I graduated high school but hey I think we all go through that at one point.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    [/B]

Haha, me too actually. The Jersey persuasion has reached Kentucky...I see a lot of kids at the UK gym trying to show off their underactive serrati.

Did I mention I like your sig before? And now your avatar. I always use the Rondo's dunk over Dwight Howard when discussing power expression or agility in strength and conditioning class.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

I posed this question on my facebook performance page...but I want to pose it here too.

Which is more annoying:

Crossfitters in commercial gym who take up nearly ever squat rack and barbell for 30 minutes and only spend about 45 seconds using each.

Psuedo-Jersian shore dudes wearing shirts cut from the armpit to the hip curling in the squat rack???
    no crossfitters in my gym....but the rule of thumb is if ur taking up multiple equipment and someone wants a rack....your losing the rack

the second doesn't bother me....it seems like everyone in my gym does whatever they want in the squat rack, so it's normal for bb'ers, strongmen, powerlifters, and regular guys all do whatever in the squat racks

the worst ppl are the powerlifters who have six gym bags, 3 bench shirts, 16 pairs of knee and wrist wraps, and a new belt for every set...their crap takes up half of the benches and most of the space between equipment making it hard grab plates

and olympic style lifters dropping weights like idiots! at night no one seems to mind....but in the mornings theirs a few guys that chase that nonsense right out of the gym
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Haha, me too actually. The Jersey persuasion has reached Kentucky...I see a lot of kids at the UK gym trying to show off their underactive serrati.

Did I mention I like your sig before? And now your avatar. I always use the Rondo's dunk over Dwight Howard when discussing power expression or agility in strength and conditioning class.
    Yea like I said, I was wearing them while weighing all of 150 pounds smh..

Yea if you can't tell from my avatars I'm a die hard New England sports fan...with Celtics probably being my favorite. Little tough to watch them recently..and yes, Rondo is an athletic freak
  8. Registered User

If I've spoken with someone a few times, maybe I'll offer advice but I usually keep to myself.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

I'd correct that 120 lb kid doing arms everyday.. Benching only 2 inches from the top, and squatting real high.. Just because they don't know any better, and we all started as noobs as well, listening to any stupid advise that some other scrawny dude tells you to do. As for the big guys that's been training for awhile, leave em be. They probably have some real reason behind their terrible form.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How often do you train while "On"?
    By PumpingIron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
  2. How often do you guys take a week off?
    By Jim Mills in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
  3. How often do you get blood work done?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
  4. How often do you guys train each bodypart?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 05:49 PM
  5. How often do you take a week off?
    By goldylight in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 09:45 AM