Training Regularity and Soreness - AnabolicMinds.com

Training Regularity and Soreness

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Training Regularity and Soreness

Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding training regularity and whether or not I am sore after my workouts. For the past few years I have lifted 5 days/week, where I would work the same muscle groups Monday and Thursday and Tuesday and Friday. For example:

Monday - Bench press, flys, triceps extensions, incline or decline press, nose breakers
    Tuesday - Barbell curls, cable curls, bent over rows, shrugs, lat pull-downs, military press and pull ups
    Wednesday - Squat, various other leg exercises, ab exercises & cardio
    Thursday - Same as Monday
    Friday - Same as Tuesday

I've stuck to this regimen pretty religiously, with the exception of occasionally swapping in new exercises, and have noticed that I no longer get very sore despite always taking my last few sets to failure. So, a few weeks back I was busy at work and was only able to make it to the gym 3 times in one week, so I only worked each muscle group once, and I noticed that I am considerably more sore if I have a full week to recover rather than 3-4 days. Do you guys think this is an indication that I am not fully recovering when I work each muscle group twice a week? I am considering cutting back to only working each muscle group once per week to explore this possibility, but don't want to do so if this will slow my progress.

And advice or suggestions will be much appreciated!

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Your body has adapted to the stimulus. It may be a good time to switch programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed with napalm. Try to vary your routine in some minor way every 1-2 sessions (set number, rep number, weight, rest, etc.) and in a major way every 3-6 weeks (exercises, schematic, objectives etc.)

Also, DOMS is not a very good indicator of productivity in the workout or growth.

Br
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding training regularity and whether or not I am sore after my workouts. For the past few years I have lifted 5 days/week, where I would work the same muscle groups Monday and Thursday and Tuesday and Friday. For example:

Monday - Bench press, flys, triceps extensions, incline or decline press, nose breakers
    Tuesday - Barbell curls, cable curls, bent over rows, shrugs, lat pull-downs, military press and pull ups
    Wednesday - Squat, various other leg exercises, ab exercises & cardio
    Thursday - Same as Monday
    Friday - Same as Tuesday

I've stuck to this regimen pretty religiously, with the exception of occasionally swapping in new exercises, and have noticed that I no longer get very sore despite always taking my last few sets to failure. So, a few weeks back I was busy at work and was only able to make it to the gym 3 times in one week, so I only worked each muscle group once, and I noticed that I am considerably more sore if I have a full week to recover rather than 3-4 days. Do you guys think this is an indication that I am not fully recovering when I work each muscle group twice a week? I am considering cutting back to only working each muscle group once per week to explore this possibility, but don't want to do so if this will slow my progress.

And advice or suggestions will be much appreciated!
    Here's a link to Eric Brosers PRRS a great read and full of info..
    ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES>
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test E and sore nipples
    By mindspin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 07:27 PM
  2. T3 and sore throat?
    By jcam222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 07:26 AM
  3. PowerFULL and sore throat?
    By rysigpi in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 04:11 PM
  4. What's wrong with training chest and back together?!
    By handzilla in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 04:51 AM
  5. 12 days without training chest and tri's
    By WiNgS in forum Exercise Science
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:18 AM