Burning Stomach Fat

X

xxZer0xx

Awards
Need Tips For Burning Stomach Fat

Hey there everyone

So im looking to kill the annoying stomach fat that i've always had. I've made big changes to my diet (don't eat out of the house anymore, high protein and water intake, and of course fruits and veggies) but i cant seem to find the right workout that will finish the job in killing this fat.

i've been looking into OEP, which i have taken before to help with this and it worked great, but now im on court supervision and get a piss test twice a month so i dont know if i will read a false positive.

any workouts you are willing to share with me would be awesome! this problem has plagued me for years and i want to do something about it!

thanks for the help!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Don't be afraid to lift heavy! A good lifting routine is going to build muscle and, in turn, burn fat. Add that on top of good fat burning cardio and it'll help for sure. What are you doing now exercise wise??

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Also, don't be as concerned with "target zones" for fat loss....that's not really how it works. Just be more concerned with overall loss and calorie burning

X

xxZer0xx

Awards
Exercise wise, i have not had time to write down an actual workout due to work, school, and music. But summed up, i try to work chest and triceps (also working in the perfect pushup), next day would be back and biceps (just recently started adding in lower back) and then legs on the third day. then the cycle repeats. i do 3 sets of planks every day 1 minute sets. cardio has always been my problem since i was a basketball player running was always punishment (lol). would biking be a good replacement for running?

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
Biking doesn't work you as hard as sprinting.

Fat loss is really as simple as calories in vs calories spent. Whats your intake?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jump on a proven lifting program. www.simplyshredded.com and there's a thread on T-Nation titled "do this not that"

Calculate your TDEE using an online calculator and use a lower activity level. Subtract off of that and eat slightly under your maitenance. Some say start with 250cal below. You know your body so do what you feel is best.

Sprints like the above poster said will be much more beneficial. Look into HIT.

ECA stack will help as well. Or OEP. Your body will ultimately decide where the fat comes off so don't be doing 200 sit-ups expecting to loose your muffin top. That's the first place you'll gain fat, and the last place you'll lose it.

Eat approx 1g/lb of body weight of protein, .5g/lb of healthy fats (don't completely cut out saturated fats though) and fill the rest of with carbs tailored around your activity level.

Im no genious and I don't care about loosing weight but this is information that ive picked up from this forum.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HIIT for cardio.

Keep your workout rest periods short (~ 30 seconds).

Also make sure you got your Kcalories and macros down for each day.

Also look into Alphamine by PES.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
first tip, stop playing around with working out and get on a plan. try something like a 5x5 variation. madcow, starting strength, stronglifts, etc. or 5/3/1 with the big but boring accessories. just something to keep you consistent and working hard.

next, dont worry so much about the mass media push on high protein. worry about getting on a plan just like the weights. read upon intermittent fasting.

X

xxZer0xx

Awards
this is all really helpful i appreciate it all. im going to look into all of this when i get home tonight and i'll keep an update on this thread.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is all really helpful i appreciate it all. im going to look into all of this when i get home tonight and i'll keep an update on this thread.
Good luck and hope it works for you.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
first tip, stop playing around with working out and get on a plan. try something like a 5x5 variation. madcow, starting strength, stronglifts, etc. or 5/3/1 with the big but boring accessories. just something to keep you consistent and working hard.

next, dont worry so much about the mass media push on high protein. worry about getting on a plan just like the weights. read upon intermittent fasting.
Best advice so far. You need (emphasis on need) to sit down and get on a better program. For one, given your posting already its fairly obvious that any plan you are currently writing will not be any good. For one you entirely missed the shoulders.. If you don't have time to write a prrogram, which I doubt this seems to be just an excuse, then how do you have time to implement it? Swap a training day for prgram writing day if you must.

Biking is an alternative to running; it won't help you in basketball but will help in overall fat loss provided diet is sorted.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
For cardio, as far as burning fat, I found trail running to work well, especially where there are lots of hills to sprint up. When it's too damn cold for that, like today, I hit the arc trainer at the gym after I do my weight training.

My biggest other tip: No sugar. None. Not even in my coffee. People are gonna chime in and say calories are calories regardless if the calories come from sugar or not. I've been doing this for 30 years, and if I drop the sugar, the fat comes off MUCH more easily.

X

xxZer0xx

Awards
these are all great responses, and i'll definitely cut the sugar out. i think i found a great HIIT on simplyshredded.com that im going to use along with my own plan. first day with no school and work, so everything begins today. i'll keep this thread posted.

squadx

squadx

Awards
I purchased Alphamine, intentionally didn't change my diet. I always work out consistently (4-5 times per week), just to see if without any changes if a product would yield results. I definitely feel, and look a little leaner after adding alpha to my normal "diet".

Definitely worth the money IMO.

MuscleGenius

MuscleGenius

Awards
If I'm having trouble coming up with a good good plan to lose weight I use eatthismuch.com. Just gotta power through your cardio, forget about spot reduction, and train insane. The proper caloric intake is huge here.