being tall sucks

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
hate being a 6'3 ectomorph !! full ROM squats suck. ugh . leg days suck in general . just finished a leg workout from hell and feel like bit*hing . hate all you shorter people !! ok i feel better now . lol

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
Ladies love tall men, shut up and squat. But yeah i feel you.
busted out 275 for 18 reps which is a PR for me . was HELL !! cant wait for this hdrol to start kicking in . currently on day 5 of my 1st ph cycle!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6'3" here, and it sucks at the beginning, but you get used to it. There are a few guys on here who are 6'5 and upwards of 6'9. I can't imagine being 6'9 for any reason, lol (no offense, bud).

Plus 6'3 is pretty much the perfect height, so you can't really complain :)

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I'm 5'7" and love leg day....just sayin!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where's DJ Beanpole with some feedback?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You think 6'3" is tall? AHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

lol j/k

But yea I feel you bro. Height definitely has distinct DISADVANTAGE when it comes to most exercises. The ROM for us on squats, deads, and benchpress is just atrocious. Especially on HEAVY squat day I felt like I could have written a book during the time it took for me to actually get to parallel and then come back up...

Back in my powerlifting days my coach always tried to make me see the benefit to it though. He said that some of the best deadlifters he knew were taller guys because they had longer tendons/ligaments and could take on a heavier load... or move lighter load through a greater distance.

If you go back to really REALLY basic physics with our old friend F=MA you can see that its requires a **** ton more energy to deadlift 225 from ground to lockout in 1.5-2ft that deadlift 225 with a ROM of less than a foot. My coach told me on the day I hit my deadlift PR of 440lbs that in order for him to equal out the same amount of work I did moving 440lbs through almost 2ft of motion he'd have to lift upwards of 700+lbs or something.

I have no idea if he was actually on to something or not. I just know that our ROM sucks, and while we might not pack on the mass as easily as the shorter, squattier gents... we are certainly doing our fair share of work!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ladies love tall men, shut up and squat. But yeah i feel you.
Yea they do. We give em' a reason to wear heels ;)

I'm wondering about the other tall men reading this thread... are you guys attracted to extremely short women? The tallest woman I ever dated was 5'11 and that didn't even last too long. They've always been 5'5 or under. My wife is 5'2... on a good day.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pitcher I played with was 6'8-6'9 he hated maxing for squats. Even the squat racks top notch wasn't comfortably high enough for him
I'm the only one in my gym that takes the squat bar off from the highest possible rack position. I've had a few people come up and tell me they've never seen anyone even use that top rack position before lol.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I can't feel too bad for you guys about being tall, sorry! So squats and deads are tough, but at least you can reach the top shelf. I have stools all over my house....it sucks!

Philshred

Philshred

Awards
I'm the only one in my gym that takes the squat bar off from the highest possible rack position. I've had a few people come up and tell me they've never seen anyone even use that top rack position before lol.
We're both the same height. I can't find a car that I can comfortably fit in. The best for me at the moment is a lancer and a golf. What do you drive haha? But OP, nothing to complain about being tall. Just perhaps the increase time it will take to fill out our frame :). Squats are meant to be dreadful haha

boogyman

Awards
As someone who is 5 foot 8, with small hands, and plays basketball very competively, I can say I envy tall people sometimes. Nothing sucks worse than putting a great move on a guy, blowing by him, and having him reach over you from behind and block your shot from a crazy angle because hes a foot taller than you.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
I am 6'4 and hate them. My upper torso is long and I feel I tend to lean over too much on my decent. Its hard to correct too. I have been doing more front squats and that seems to help the issue with the back.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We're both the same height. I can't find a car that I can comfortably fit in. The best for me at the moment is a lancer and a golf. What do you drive haha? But OP, nothing to complain about being tall. Just perhaps the increase time it will take to fill out our frame :). Squats are meant to be dreadful haha
I drive a Passat. Fair amount of headroom/legroom I must say. However, the only passengers that would be able to fit behind me would be midgets or extremely petite women.

We can't drive sports cars. We can't buy clothes off the rack (with the exception of jeans from The Buckle), I have to order shoes online since retailers don't have 16s at most stores, I had to special-order my scrubs since the "tall size" was only available as special order... and thats just for starters.

The only positives I've sound so for about being tall is you are the first to know if its raining and wearing a shirt that says "You Must Be ThiS Tall To Ride This Ride <------->" actually has some merit for weeding the shorties out.

:D

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Oh you poor whiny bastards!!!! Try being 5'7" when you're going out trying to get laid and all the chicks in heels are the same height as you! Ya gotta have some serious skills to pull that off...so I don't wanna hear your crying about pants shopping for F sake!!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh you poor whiny bastards!!!! Try being 5'7" when you're going out trying to get laid and all the chicks in heels are the same height as you! Ya gotta have some serious skills to pull that off...so I don't wanna hear your crying about pants shopping for F sake!!!!
lol... but if I can't find jeans that fit then I can't even go out to get laid by womenszzzzz... ;)

Oh well at least its easy to hide Christmas/birthday presents for my wife. Just throw them on top of the cupboards haha

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
lol... but if I can't find jeans that fit then I can't even go out to get laid by womenszzzzz... ;)

Oh well at least its easy to hide Christmas/birthday presents for my wife. Just throw them on top of the cupboards haha
Dammit that's how people hide sh*t from me! Eh whatev, my DL is almost 3x my body weight, so I'll take it!

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
haha this thread made me lol . i only made it as a joke . i actually really love squatting but just hate it after leaving the gym .

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
Yea they do. We give em' a reason to wear heels ;)I'm wondering about the other tall men reading this thread... are you guys attracted to extremely short women? The tallest woman I ever dated was 5'11 and that didn't even last too long. They've always been 5'5 or under. My wife is 5'2... on a good day.
my current girlfriend is 5'7 . my shortest girlfriend was 5'1 . my tallest girlfriend was 5'11 . i have to say height does not bother me personally but it sucks taking pictures with shorter girls . it does not look right !! so i dont go for under 5'7 anymore.

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
You think 6'3" is tall? AHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!lol j/kBut yea I feel you bro. Height definitely has distinct DISADVANTAGE when it comes to most exercises. The ROM for us on squats, deads, and benchpress is just atrocious. Especially on HEAVY squat day I felt like I could have written a book during the time it took for me to actually get to parallel and then come back up...Back in my powerlifting days my coach always tried to make me see the benefit to it though. He said that some of the best deadlifters he knew were taller guys because they had longer tendons/ligaments and could take on a heavier load... or move lighter load through a greater distance.If you go back to really REALLY basic physics with our old friend F=MA you can see that its requires a **** ton more energy to deadlift 225 from ground to lockout in 1.5-2ft that deadlift 225 with a ROM of less than a foot. My coach told me on the day I hit my deadlift PR of 440lbs that in order for him to equal out the same amount of work I did moving 440lbs through almost 2ft of motion he'd have to lift upwards of 700+lbs or something.I have no idea if he was actually on to something or not. I just know that our ROM sucks, and while we might not pack on the mass as easily as the shorter, squattier gents... we are certainly doing our fair share of work!
very intresting read . i remember reading about that a couple months ago .

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha this thread made me lol . i only made it as a joke . i actually really love squatting but just hate it after leaving the gym .
I hate squatting :( well at least up to a point. When you first get into it and you are barely lifting anything heavy it sucks... but after awhile as you've grown and you are moving the heavier stuff then it feels really good. And each time you break a PR it feels that much better.

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
I hate squatting :( well at least up to a point. When you first get into it and you are barely lifting anything heavy it sucks... but after awhile as you've grown and you are moving the heavier stuff then it feels really good. And each time you break a PR it feels that much better.
yeah man , considering i just started my first ph cycle after 7 years natural i really want to set a record and max out 500 on squat by the end of the year . i can probably push 400 right now on a good day , 385 is max but i havan't maxed in a few months . hopefully with the halodrol kicks in next week ( week 3 ) i can do 385 for a few reps . **** drying out my joints tho i was squattting and hear my legs crack the whole way down lol . taking animal flex for it .

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah man , considering i just started my first ph cycle after 7 years natural i really want to set a record and max out 500 on squat by the end of the year . i can probably push 400 right now on a good day , 385 is max but i havan't maxed in a few months . hopefully with the halodrol kicks in next week ( week 3 ) i can do 385 for a few reps . **** drying out my joints tho i was squattting and hear my legs crack the whole way down lol . taking animal flex for it .
**** my knees/legs pop and crack everytime I squat down just to try and get something off the ground lol. No pain, no associated "dryness" of the joints... just how they are I suppose. My powerlifting coach was the worst. His knees and ankles and hips would pop and snap super loud on each rep. I asked him if it hurt/why they do that and he acted like nothing was wrong :think:

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
**** my knees/legs pop and crack everytime I squat down just to try and get something off the ground lol. No pain, no associated "dryness" of the joints... just how they are I suppose. My powerlifting coach was the worst. His knees and ankles and hips would pop and snap super loud on each rep. I asked him if it hurt/why they do that and he acted like nothing was wrong :think:
lmao , i plan on having arthritis by the time i hit 30 >< the animal flex helps a ton though i take it every night before bed when i plan on lifting heavy the next morning and i dont really have joint paints . the cracking is retarted tho so i do a really light set of like 20 reps on squats than stretch for 10 mintues / foam roll for another 10 . rumble roller is the ****!!!

Philshred

Philshred

Awards
I drive a Passat. Fair amount of headroom/legroom I must say. However, the only passengers that would be able to fit behind me would be midgets or extremely petite women.

We can't drive sports cars. We can't buy clothes off the rack (with the exception of jeans from The Buckle), I have to order shoes online since retailers don't have 16s at most stores, I had to special-order my scrubs since the "tall size" was only available as special order... and thats just for starters.

The only positives I've sound so for about being tall is you are the first to know if its raining and wearing a shirt that says "You Must Be ThiS Tall To Ride This Ride <------->" actually has some merit for weeding the shorties out.

:D
Thanks for the reply. Before this I didn't even consider the passat. But I'll go try one soon at the dealership. Do you know if it's more roomy than the golf? Also what year is yours? Sorry for all the questions it's just Iv'e wasted so many hours at the dealerships trying to find a car haha.

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
well here my story Iam 6ft so not as tall as you BUT I used to hate squats injured my back once on them , could't deadlift I had problem passing my knee on the way down... I always said my body is not meant to squat or deadlift etc.... anyways couple months ago I learned that my form was bad and now I LOVE squats and deadlifs.... I cant wait to do them:) FYI I do front squats and deadlift smae workout love it

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
well here my story Iam 6ft so not as tall as you BUT I used to hate squats injured my back once on them , could't deadlift I had problem passing my knee on the way down... I always said my body is not meant to squat or deadlift etc.... anyways couple months ago I learned that my form was bad and now I LOVE squats and deadlifs.... I cant wait to do them:) FYI I do front squats and deadlift smae workout love it
i do the same , i try to do 3 heavy sets of squats and 2 mild set of front squats right after , than deadlifts . i like doing it but just a pain sometimes when my joints are acting up ><

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hate being a 6'3 ectomorph !! full ROM squats suck. ugh . leg days suck in general . just finished a leg workout from hell and feel like bit*hing . hate all you shorter people !! ok i feel better now . lol
I really feel horrible for you, it must be awful. It's just too bad you weren't born '5 1" or something.

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
i do the same , i try to do 3 heavy sets of squats and 2 mild set of front squats right after , than deadlifts . i like doing it but just a pain sometimes when my joints are acting up ><
I read somwhere that front squats are batter on the joins like 25% on knees or something. Plus front squats feel more natural too me but to each there own

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
I read somwhere that front squats are batter on the joins like 25% on knees or something. Plus front squats feel more natural too me but to each there own
the bar keeps rolling down my arms when i go to heavy >

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
the bar keeps rolling down my arms when i go to heavy >
That means your form is bad I had this problem before... At first I was doing front squats with straps now I only do olympic grip no problems.

Good vidion on how to do front squats with straps
youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0 (You need to copy paste the adress I cant post links)

beastmode1987

beastmode1987

Awards
That means your form is bad I had this problem before... At first I was doing front squats with straps now I only do olympic grip no problems.

Good vidion on how to do front squats with straps
youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0 (You need to copy paste the adress I cant post links)
yeah i just really started front squats a few months ago , so its new to me . im fine when i go lighter but when i go heavy it rolls out . thanks alot for the link , i will try using straps next time .