being tall sucks

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    **** my knees/legs pop and crack everytime I squat down just to try and get something off the ground lol. No pain, no associated "dryness" of the joints... just how they are I suppose. My powerlifting coach was the worst. His knees and ankles and hips would pop and snap super loud on each rep. I asked him if it hurt/why they do that and he acted like nothing was wrong
    lmao , i plan on having arthritis by the time i hit 30 >< the animal flex helps a ton though i take it every night before bed when i plan on lifting heavy the next morning and i dont really have joint paints . the cracking is retarted tho so i do a really light set of like 20 reps on squats than stretch for 10 mintues / foam roll for another 10 . rumble roller is the ****!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post

I drive a Passat. Fair amount of headroom/legroom I must say. However, the only passengers that would be able to fit behind me would be midgets or extremely petite women.

We can't drive sports cars. We can't buy clothes off the rack (with the exception of jeans from The Buckle), I have to order shoes online since retailers don't have 16s at most stores, I had to special-order my scrubs since the "tall size" was only available as special order... and thats just for starters.

The only positives I've sound so for about being tall is you are the first to know if its raining and wearing a shirt that says "You Must Be ThiS Tall To Ride This Ride <------->" actually has some merit for weeding the shorties out.

Thanks for the reply. Before this I didn't even consider the passat. But I'll go try one soon at the dealership. Do you know if it's more roomy than the golf? Also what year is yours? Sorry for all the questions it's just Iv'e wasted so many hours at the dealerships trying to find a car haha.
    •   

3. well here my story Iam 6ft so not as tall as you BUT I used to hate squats injured my back once on them , could't deadlift I had problem passing my knee on the way down... I always said my body is not meant to squat or deadlift etc.... anyways couple months ago I learned that my form was bad and now I LOVE squats and deadlifs.... I cant wait to do them FYI I do front squats and deadlift smae workout love it

4. Quote Originally Posted by marcink99 View Post
    well here my story Iam 6ft so not as tall as you BUT I used to hate squats injured my back once on them , could't deadlift I had problem passing my knee on the way down... I always said my body is not meant to squat or deadlift etc.... anyways couple months ago I learned that my form was bad and now I LOVE squats and deadlifs.... I cant wait to do them FYI I do front squats and deadlift smae workout love it
    i do the same , i try to do 3 heavy sets of squats and 2 mild set of front squats right after , than deadlifts . i like doing it but just a pain sometimes when my joints are acting up ><
  5. Re: being tall sucks

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode1987 View Post
    hate being a 6'3 ectomorph !! full ROM squats suck. ugh . leg days suck in general . just finished a leg workout from hell and feel like bit*hing . hate all you shorter people !! ok i feel better now . lol
    I really feel horrible for you, it must be awful. It's just too bad you weren't born '5 1" or something.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by beastmode1987 View Post
    i do the same , i try to do 3 heavy sets of squats and 2 mild set of front squats right after , than deadlifts . i like doing it but just a pain sometimes when my joints are acting up ><
    I read somwhere that front squats are batter on the joins like 25% on knees or something. Plus front squats feel more natural too me but to each there own

7. Quote Originally Posted by marcink99 View Post
    I read somwhere that front squats are batter on the joins like 25% on knees or something. Plus front squats feel more natural too me but to each there own
    the bar keeps rolling down my arms when i go to heavy >

8. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    I really feel horrible for you, it must be awful. It's just too bad you weren't born '5 1" or something.
    i was only joking bro . lol , thanks for showing some love

9. Quote Originally Posted by beastmode1987 View Post
    the bar keeps rolling down my arms when i go to heavy >
    That means your form is bad I had this problem before... At first I was doing front squats with straps now I only do olympic grip no problems.

Good vidion on how to do front squats with straps
    youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0 (You need to copy paste the adress I cant post links)

10. Quote Originally Posted by marcink99 View Post
    That means your form is bad I had this problem before... At first I was doing front squats with straps now I only do olympic grip no problems.

Good vidion on how to do front squats with straps
    youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0 (You need to copy paste the adress I cant post links)
    yeah i just really started front squats a few months ago , so its new to me . im fine when i go lighter but when i go heavy it rolls out . thanks alot for the link , i will try using straps next time .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. will be posting before and after pics soon
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-20-2015, 09:24 AM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  3. bb.com sucks
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 01:27 AM
  4. Funny stuff! Ouch sucks to be in the Navy!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:33 AM
  5. we all may be screwed
    By Matt T in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2002, 03:59 PM