How to tweak my routine for Versa-1 cycle?

BriceBurnsRed

Awards
I am looking for some advice on how to tweak my current routine for my Versa-1 cycle. I am currently doing Wendlers 5/3/1 with the triumvirate for assistance work. I am at the end of week two of a 4 week "cycle" for 531 and I plan on completing week three, upping my weights and starting a new cycle without a deload week in sync with the start of my PA cycle.

My question is this: Should i switch to a different style of lifting to maximize size and strength gains (such as a higher volume routine, back to 5x5, or a more traditional bodybuilding split?) or keep doing 531 and increase load more quickly or should I stick to the prescribed increase according to the program?

My goals are mainly recomp and strength. My nutrition is pretty solid and i am using the leangains/if approach.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am looking for some advice on how to tweak my current routine for my Versa-1 cycle. I am currently doing Wendlers 5/3/1 with the triumvirate for assistance work. I am at the end of week two of a 4 week "cycle" for 531 and I plan on completing week three, upping my weights and starting a new cycle without a deload week in sync with the start of my PA cycle.

My question is this: Should i switch to a different style of lifting to maximize size and strength gains (such as a higher volume routine, back to 5x5, or a more traditional bodybuilding split?) or keep doing 531 and increase load more quickly or should I stick to the prescribed increase according to the program?

My goals are mainly recomp and strength. My nutrition is pretty solid and i am using the leangains/if approach.
Its Versa 1, not a test cycle. Just stick to your current routine.

BriceBurnsRed

Awards
Its Versa 1, not a test cycle. Just stick to your current routine.
I realize that, I just wasn't sure if it would be more beneficial to switch to something I can progress faster with in order to take advantage of the pretty significant strength gains the beta-loggers reported.

I do appreciate the input though, thanks!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
:) just stick to current for the first run and see how you respond.

Good luck!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Versa-1 will help with whatever you training goals are. No need for a specific type of training to take "advantage" of versa-1. Diet will take care of your recomp just keep lifting heavy and strength gains will come. I look forward to you results.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Versa-1 will help with whatever you training goals are. No need for a specific type of training to take "advantage" of versa-1. Diet will take care of your recomp just keep lifting heavy and strength gains will come. I look forward to you results.
If anyone knows how to make the most of Versa 1, its this guy right here.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd listen to these two gentlemen. Just keep training hard and eating right for your goals. Good luck OP!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OP, check out Breezys Versa 1 log + Patented Anabolic log to see what you can expect with a good diet and dedicated training.

BriceBurnsRed

Awards
Thank you Distilled and Jiigzz, I will be checking out breezys log. My questions have been answered and I am planning on running a log of my 8 week cycle, I appreciate the responses and words of encouragement guys, thanks again! Reps for all