Deadlift PR

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Squat 285x3- I started doing my deads and squats in just my sock and weights/form have improved.
    Trap bar deads 425x3
    Straight bar 335x3. Form is pretty good on all.


  2. That's kinda what I was assuming as far as 1RM goes. Once you start getting to the 5 plate area is when the most seemingly benign technical aspects become huge. Most squats at huge weights are lost before the lift even starts, which is during the unrack. Most completely halfass this part without knowing how important proper tracking in the thighs, upper back/chest, and even grip are to a successful 1RM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Knolls View Post
    if you take criticism on form all personal and decide you know better you will end up getting hurt brutha, just check out some vids on proper form because most of the time if you eff your back up once it is a cronic problem that will plague you the rest of your life
    couldn't agree more.

  4. Your form bro isn't the "best." but it is workable. Honestly if you work your back muscles more - and core along with some traps. You will find more stability with your pull - I would Also lighten the weight after your 1rep sets and rep out 3x8 with a more manageable weight to instill good form thru out.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by powercorps View Post
    Your form bro isn't the "best." but it is workable. Honestly if you work your back muscles more - and core along with some traps. You will find more stability with your pull - I would Also lighten the weight after your 1rep sets and rep out 3x8 with a more manageable weight to instill good form thru out.
    Definitely need to work on form and I agree with a few extra sets with moderate reps would help instill proper form also
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Definitely need to work on form and I agree with a few extra sets with moderate reps would help instill proper form also
    Sure would - don't forget the use of chains and bands - DL is an explosive lift - those tools are made for that purpose

  7. Quote Originally Posted by powercorps View Post

    Sure would - don't forget the use of chains and bands - DL is an explosive lift - those tools are made for that purpose
    I agree, bands are an awesome training tool. I just started using with bench and its nuts how much tension is on them

  8. Went for a new deadlift PR today of 450 with no luck....such is life, maybe I'll add more band training as well. I've done it a few times and liked it a lot.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Went for a new deadlift PR today of 450 with no luck....such is life, maybe I'll add more band training as well. I've done it a few times and liked it a lot.
    Where did you fail in the lift?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    Where did you fail in the lift?
    Right off the bat! I wasn't planning on doing deads at all, just kinda threw it in since I had a bit of energy left after my workout. 415 and 425 felt good....guess the tank just ran out after that tho because 450 only moved about 3 inches off the floor before I couldn't hold my form any more and dropped the bar.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    Right off the bat! I wasn't planning on doing deads at all, just kinda threw it in since I had a bit of energy left after my workout. 415 and 425 felt good....guess the tank just ran out after that tho because 450 only moved about 3 inches off the floor before I couldn't hold my form any more and dropped the bar.
    I gotcha yeah I would say you probably ran out of gas. I always try to do my reads early in the workout to make sure I have energy for them. But I would have to say some deads with bands could help the lift off the floor for sure

  12. Quote Originally Posted by gymguy21 View Post

    I gotcha yeah I would say you probably ran out of gas. I always try to do my reads early in the workout to make sure I have energy for them. But I would have to say some deads with bands could help the lift off the floor for sure
    I agree. 450 is a little on the optimistic side for me. My current 1RM is 435, and that was a tad dicey as I lost momentum at the top.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

    I agree. 450 is a little on the optimistic side for me. My current 1RM is 435, and that was a tad dicey as I lost momentum at the top.
    450 is attainable if your current 1RM is 435. I would say do some band work for the next 3-4 weeks and try again about a week or 2 after that

  14. My best work is in the AM, too. I started doing more squats and more SLDL which helped increase my deads.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 19 year old deadlifted 545lbs PR at 205lbs (video inside)
    By danthamansky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
  2. New PR Deadlift!! 2 weeks out from USAPL national qualifier
    By Peckboy69 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
  3. Deadlift PR today!
    By Mrjustin in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 02:32 AM
  4. New PR on deadlift
    By peterson24 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
  5. I will get new PR in Deadlift today!!!!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Log in
Log in