- 01-19-2013, 06:35 PM
- 01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
That's kinda what I was assuming as far as 1RM goes. Once you start getting to the 5 plate area is when the most seemingly benign technical aspects become huge. Most squats at huge weights are lost before the lift even starts, which is during the unrack. Most completely halfass this part without knowing how important proper tracking in the thighs, upper back/chest, and even grip are to a successful 1RM.M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
01-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Your form bro isn't the "best." but it is workable. Honestly if you work your back muscles more - and core along with some traps. You will find more stability with your pull - I would Also lighten the weight after your 1rep sets and rep out 3x8 with a more manageable weight to instill good form thru out.
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
01-28-2013, 09:02 AM
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
02-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Went for a new deadlift PR today of 450 with no luck....such is life, maybe I'll add more band training as well. I've done it a few times and liked it a lot.
02-03-2013, 09:23 AM
02-03-2013, 10:32 AM
02-03-2013, 10:50 AM
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
My best work is in the AM, too. I started doing more squats and more SLDL which helped increase my deads.
Similar Forum Threads
- By danthamansky in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
- By Peckboy69 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
- By Mrjustin in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 29Last Post: 05-04-2009, 02:32 AM
- By peterson24 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 15Last Post: 05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
- By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 4Last Post: 02-09-2006, 05:14 PM