Forearms and hands go to sleep while i uhhhh sleep.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For about the last 4 months my hands and forearms go to sleep at night. Never had this problem before that I can remember. I normaly sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow but since this started I've tried every sleeping position I can think of. I don't have any forearm pain during workouts or during the day so I'm kind of lost here. Anyone else experience this before?

napalm

napalm

Awards
For about the last 4 months my hands and forearms go to sleep at night. Never had this problem before that I can remember. I normaly sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow but since this started I've tried every sleeping position I can think of. I don't have any forearm pain during workouts or during the day so I'm kind of lost here. Anyone else experience this before?
Happens to me every night. It's caused by compression of the brachial plexus - the nerves that supply the upper extremity.

No big deal...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhhh. Any tips on minimizing it? Cause losing sleep every night is kinda a big deal lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lots of MFR and, if you can afford it, ART in the area to lessen the adhesions.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do those two acronyms stand for?

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Add me to that list. But happens to me only on my left hand.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I get the same thing all the way up to my shoulders, sometimes even into my upper pecs.

Radja, what are good ways of doing what u were talkin about?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had this on and off. I had tendinitis in both wrists and have slight carpel tunnel in my left. I went to physical therapy and although never 100% it is much better.

I suggest what Rodja says as that, heat/ice, and hand exercises are what were done for me. It falls asleep way less now. That was years ago too(bass playing, computer job at the time).

I know not exactly alike but I had that symptom and this helped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome input everybody. Goin to get a massage ball and tear the forearms and elbows up.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I'm picking up one of these next payday:

<a href="http://www.elitefts.com/view/?sp=2752">Muscletrac Performance Therapy Device</a>

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I've been doing some self MFR the last couple days........(left myself wiiiide open there lol) and it seems my left arm has stopped going to sleep at night. My right arm is still giving me problems tho.

topguy

Awards
Not necessarily a brachial plexus compression. Could be anywhere along the nerve pathway and most likely due to gripping of the bar for most exercises and compression of the median and ulnar nerves at the wrist/hand.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been doing some SMR the last week or so and my left arm doesn't seem to be falling asleep much but the right is still doing it. Concentrating a lot around the back of my elbow where the tricep ties in and where the bicep ties in on the inner arm also. Had some small knots on the left side but the right side had some pretty nasty ones. Still working on getting those to release. I've never used a foam roller or a massage ball before and I'm really surprised how much its helped. My lats feel fuller from the foam rolling and not all bunched up anymore. awesome stuff sofar.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Add me to this list. I hate when it happens.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add me to list with arms going numb while sleeping on my back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 45
agnos Injury / Rehab 16
APC80 Training Forum 16
Training Forum 1
Krampus Training Forum 7