Starting Intermittent Fasting. Anyone have experience with this?

Zach Strom

Zach Strom

Awards
What's going on guys, just starting a little Intermittent Fasting. This is my 2nd time doing it and was curious if anyone else has experience with this that would like to add tips or advice for it. My plan is to do it 3-4 days a week, cause I'm working it around my school/work schedule. I fast for 20 hours. Eating happens between 4-8 for me. Eating around 3500 Calories in an attempt to bulk, yet burn off a little extra fat. Running a BCAA, Glutamine during the day with water or just straight H20. My other supps are just Protein, PW, Kre-Alkalyn, Beta-Alanine, Multi Vita, Milk Thistle and Liver Support. Been doing GVT (German Volume Training for those uneducated few). 3 days a week. Drinking about 2 Gallons of water a day, and solid sleep pattern.

Anyone who's done this (IF) before on a bulk and have advice I'd love to hear it. Just keep the criticism constructive. I'm not a Gym God (Not Yet) haha so advice is more than welcome. If you have ideas to change mine please let me know. Thanks as usual.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Really you'll be missing much of the benefit of doing it if you only keep the schedule 3-4 days a week. I honestly wouldn't go through the effort on a combination of a bulk with only doing it 3-4 days. I've successfully gained mass on IF, so that's possible for sure.

Zach Strom

Zach Strom

Awards
So would you just run it 7 days a week? With still keeping lifting 3-4 days?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well, where it actually starts having noticeable benefits is after 2-3 weeks of it being run straight through. You aren't going to get the same physiological adaptations very quickly the way you are talking. It would be better to totally fast 1-2 days a week than do IF 3-4 days a week and eat "normally" the rest of the week.

Zach Strom

Zach Strom

Awards
So do 2-4 days in a row each week IF?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So do 2-4 days in a row each week IF?
No. Intermittently fasting for x number of hours a day is almost pointless unless you do it 7 days a week. Fasting entirely with no caloric intake for 1-2 days a week (not in a row for 2, 2 separate days) may work. If you are trying to bulk and have limited time due to work + school then just eat a simpler meal plan and forget fasting.

Zach Strom

Zach Strom

Awards
I'm more than open to fast 7 days a week. I plan on doing a dry PH cycle but idk if that'll stop the fasting gains. When Im on cycle I never drink and I haven't for about 2 months now, on contrary to most college kids. Haha gotta protect that liver

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't even seriously consider adding in a prohormone until you've been doing IF for 2 months consistently and see what results you are getting. a lot of things change as you do IF.

Zach Strom

Zach Strom

Awards
I see I see. Usually for a PH cycle u wanna have a low bf% anyways so you're right. Didn't even dawn on me