shoulder Issue and My Posture

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a shoulder issue. Having my pic taken for progress pics over the last month, it has come to my attention that I pull one shoulder back to far. I'm not sure why, but it may explain why I have an underdeveloped right pec. Does anyone know how I could fix this issue? Exercises, stretches ect.. anyone think it could be the misskg key to right pec growth? Do I have some kind of possible other issue here?

Below is a pic of me thinking I am standing fine.

All help is mucho appreciated.

EDIT: I hurt my shoulder about a year and a half ago. Doctor said I have deteriorated cartilage in it. However, I think this problem may have developed much before this.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your left arm is internally rotated and your shoulders are not even. From the looks of it, your right upper trap is elevated. You'll most likely need some active release therapy (ART) and a renovated lifting program..

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't even realise that was my left side. So not my smaller pec or the shoulder with the injury.

Pictures all flipped and **** dog.

Where should I start for this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look up ART and find someone in the area. It's going to be very painful.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will, but maybe this isn't worth "painful." I don't really notice it other than in the pictures. Can't tell I I do it when I look in the mirror, and it doesn't seem to bother me otherwise.

Hmm, I know someone who is a physical therapist. Think It's best to get their assessment?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will, but maybe this isn't worth "painful." I don't really notice it other than in the pictures. Can't tell I I do it when I look in the mirror, and it doesn't seem to bother me otherwise.

Hmm, I know someone who is a physical therapist. Think It's best to get their assessment?
Postural deviations are not a good thing. At all. Yes, get an assessment from the PT.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks Rodja. I'll let you know what she says, whenever I see her.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive gotten ART/Trigger point therapy done. It's not any worse than getting a deep tissue massage.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive gotten ART/Trigger point therapy done. It's not any worse than getting a deep tissue massage.
ART was much more painful than a typical deep tissue massage for me. Maybe it depends how tight and how much scar tissue you have, and what part of the body it is performed on, but the ART I had on my shoulder girdle had me in tears.

That said, the pain is well worth it, and the results are almost instantaneous following the treatment.

Br

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I'm with Jay. I had some ART done on my shoulder and upper back for something similar to OP's issue and it was not pleasant. It was, however, very effective and worth the cost of the 4 sessions it took to remedy it. I highly recommend ART if you can find a practitioner in your area.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ART was much more painful than a typical deep tissue massage for me. Maybe it depends how tight and how much scar tissue you have, and what part of the body it is performed on, but the ART I had on my shoulder girdle had me in tears.

That said, the pain is well worth it, and the results are almost instantaneous following the treatment.

Br
Very true, i may not have had as much scar tissue built up.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Br
I got that done for the pec minor and anterior delt. Dear god ...