Leg Day! My Fav Day! What are you training today?

MissLFord

MissLFord

Awards
I know it's not Monday, but I've been craving a really good leg session this week since New Years. Killed my deadlifts.. I prob won't be able to walk by Saturday, haha.

What's everyone else training today!?

Attachments

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Back hands down. Heavy rows and weighted pull ups.. So much fun

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the gym....Lower body work by far. All the power comes froum the hips, and my thighs are unproportionately large compared to my upper body.

Got this shirt for my wife for Christmas (the text is right over her glutes):

do-these-squats-make-my-butt-look-big_design.png

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Chest! Plus its a high carb day

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was back which is always fun for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench day. I haven't decided whether or not I'm shirting up, but will throwing in some Meadows rows, facepulls, and additional triceps work.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Bench day. I haven't decided whether or not I'm shirting up, but will throwing in some Meadows rows, facepulls, and additional triceps work.
How do u like the shirt?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do u like the shirt?
It's a pain in the ass. All gear is a pain in the ass. That being said, it's a completely different game compared to raw lifting not only in numbers, but the patience and tightness that it requires to complete a rep. You're not only fighting gravity with the weight, but you're also fighting against the normal force of the gear and have to find a specific groove depending on the placement of the shirt, biomechanics, grip, etc.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a pain in the ass. All gear is a pain in the ass. That being said, it's a completely different game compared to raw lifting not only in numbers, but the patience and tightness that it requires to complete a rep. You're not only fighting gravity with the weight, but you're also fighting against the normal force of the gear and have to find a specific groove depending on the placement of the shirt, biomechanics, grip, etc.
My gears a pain in the ass too....literally....lol :p

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be patient with it and don't add it until ~225lbs. It'll be tough as hell to touch if you add it at a lighter weight.
Will do. I'll let ya know how it goes. I'll be diverting from the 5/3/1 sets tonight to work into a group session for once.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will do. I'll let ya know how it goes. I'll be diverting from the 5/3/1 sets tonight to work into a group session for once.
It's a rough estimate, but you can usually get somewhere from a 5-10% increase in weight or an extra 1-3 reps compared to raw.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a rough estimate, but you can usually get somewhere from a 5-10% increase in weight or an extra 1-3 reps compared to raw.
Good. I think I'm more looking forward to what it does for my form.

Are you gonna have an all out bench day like your deads the other day??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good. I think I'm more looking forward to what it does for my form.

Are you gonna have an all out bench day like your deads the other day??
You know, even if I say no, I'll probably still go heavy. We got a new competition bench this week and we're aching to break it in today.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Different kind of gear and you need a new supplier.

Be patient with it and don't add it until ~225lbs. It'll be tough as hell to touch if you add it at a lighter weight.
Your no fun

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know, even if I say no, I'll probably still go heavy. We got a new competition bench this week and we're aching to break it in today.
Lookin forward to seein your numbers I can be jealous about then

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I tried a shirt about 10 yrs ago and boy it was an experience

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried a shirt about 10 yrs ago and boy it was an experience
They're a lot different now then they were back then. Denim was huge about 10 years ago, but is considered quite outdated now.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a lower body session coming up. I'm probably going to throw in more back work, too, as it's been a somewhat neglected part for a while. Should be lots of fun. Been chowing down lots of food in prep for this.

Also, I found out I have the BMI of an obese person. Funny

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a tough question. I have no idea since I have been doing upper/lower work as I enjoy them both. Probably an edge goes to lower. When I did bbing split it was back.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
New PR snatchgrip deadlift 315x3today.. Love pullin heavy ass weight

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote