One week lights one week heavies?

mothsgunav2

mothsgunav2

Awards
Training 3 times a week with hiit training after my weights.

Could I train lights/12 to 15 reps 30 secs rest one week.

Then train heavy/8 to 10 reps with 1 min rest?

Would I see the best of both worlds training like this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
8-10 is not the range I would qualify as heavy.

mothsgunav2

mothsgunav2

Awards
I burn fat surely less reps means more rest?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I burn fat surely less reps means more rest?
Light weight and high reps has nothing to do with fat loss. Weight training is meant to keep and/or add muscle mass and/or strength. It has very little to do with fat loss outside of nutrient repartitioning. Diet is far more important than routine.

mothsgunav2

mothsgunav2

Awards
I lost 9 stone from light weights low rest & high cardio, put a few stone back but now I'm trying to mix things up, your replys are confusing me to be honest they don't seem to answer my question? No offence :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I lost 9 stone from light weights low rest & high cardio, put a few stone back but now I'm trying to mix things up, your replys are confusing me to be honest they don't seem to answer my question? No offence :)
Your question has some incorrect thinking from the very beginning. 8-10 reps is not heavy weight; it is moderate. 1-6 would qualify as heavy, so you already need to rethink everything regarding your training as your definitions are incorrect. Varying rep ranges is a good idea, but you haven't stated why you're doing so and what you hope to achieve.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
What exactly is your goal that your trying to accomplish?

mothsgunav2

mothsgunav2

Awards
Agree with u both, lose weight & build muscle, mix things up instead of getting bored really.

So would the range I've said be ok?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Agree with u both, lose weight & build muscle, mix things up instead of getting bored really.

Let's start over since you're not getting what I'm trying to tell you...

Mixing up rep ranges is a good idea as sticking within a singular confines leads to stagnation. However, you cannot throw blanket rep ranges out there without knowing which exercises will be utilized as there as some that are better for high reps and some that must be performed with low reps. That being said, you're giving us so little information that there's not much to work with in your post.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards

Yes you have the right idea. Use different rep ranges, weight, tempos and exercises to completely keep your muscles guessing. Make sure your diet is on key and hiit training is great for fat burning. Doing good man ! Be consistent

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I use a training method called power rep-range shock and have seen my best gains doing it this way

mothsgunav2

mothsgunav2

Awards
Cheers guys I will mix things up and look at using different moves on each of the diff weight range sessions :)