Need sime help with this routine

ebarrett50

Awards
So I made a somewhat intense endurance routine since I couldn't find anything I liked dealing with military/endurance training. It consists of 2 workouts (A and B) that I will be doing on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It is done like SL where it will be preformed ABA then BAB then ABA so on and so forth. Ropes refers to the big ropes you slam up and down, and in this workout they will be done until failure. A 5x25 push ups Ropes 5x5 pull ups (last set until failure) Ropes Scissor Kicks 1:00 Ropes Crunches 1:00 Ropes Dumbbell Squats 5x25 B 5x15 dumbbell push ups Ropes 5x5 pull ups Ropes 5x20 Deadlift Ropes Calf Raises 5x25 Ropes Scissor kicks 1:00 The Deadlifts I feel may be a little too much, so I am thinking about dropping it down to maybe 2x20 with low weight of course. Please correct what you see. Suggest exercises to add or take away... you get the deal. Thanks a lot

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
have you thought about googling military fitness training? you can even specify which branch or find all kinds of info on spec ops training. so why come up with your own? unless you know how to make a balanced one. and IMO, if you have to ask if its ok then you probably arent that good at programs. but i digress..

A
5x25 push ups Ropes 5x5 pull ups (last set until failure) Ropes Scissor Kicks 1:00 Ropes Crunches 1:00 Ropes Dumbbell Squats 5x25

B
5x15 dumbbell push ups Ropes 5x5 pull ups Ropes 5x20 Deadlift Ropes Calf Raises 5x25 Ropes Scissor kicks 1:00[\QUOTE]

why so much with the ropes?

i would make the squats more challenging like doing bulgarian split squats, lunges, overhead squats, etc.

drop the deadlift and do KB swings.

drop the calf raises.

how are you progressing? in other words how do you know you are making progress? do you add weight to something or time yourself and aim for shorter times?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Google "NSCA Tactical Strength and Conditioning" if your goal is to improve performance as a war fighter.

If your goal is pure endurance, then what is the event, or for what activities?

ebarrett50

Awards
Alright so cut out some of the ropes and replace DL with KB swings. I'll look up Bulgarian squats.