Athletic intensity workouts

scottylieb

scottylieb

Awards
I have been power lifting for the past 6 months and have seen great growth in the process. However, I am now gearing my workouts toward running and improving my basketball skills. Does anyone have intense basketball-specific workouts to help this process? I'm not talking about simply running drills or "shooting hoops". I want to improve coordination, balance, body control, vertical leap, and overall athleticism while maintaining focus on ball-handling skills and shooting for my sport. Thanks.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
I have been power lifting for the past 6 months and have seen great growth in the process. However, I am now gearing my workouts toward running and improving my basketball skills. Does anyone have intense basketball-specific workouts to help this process? I'm not talking about simply running drills or "shooting hoops". I want to improve coordination, balance, body control, vertical leap, and overall athleticism while maintaining focus on ball-handling skills and shooting for my sport. Thanks.
I like working with my athletic clients with a mix of bodyweight and amplified calisthenic training. One of the best exercises I've found to be helpful was 'dot skills' done on one foot in a zig zag pattern or tic tac toe pattern. You hop from "dot" to dot on one leg working on coordination and leg strength and balance. To intensify you can add a toe touch with the opposite hand at each dot, add dumbells or kettlebells for more weight or just use a weight vest. Other exercises I integrate with plyometric moves are pushups..both diamond and wide grip. You set boxes or aerobic steps at least 6" high at either side of your arms and with a fluid explosive movement pushups to land hands on the boxes.
Velocity rope drills are great for core strength and upperbody strength as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner