When do you do legs?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I've currently been doing legs at the end of my week, but im going to go back to doing it first training day of the week. Its the hardest group on my body both mental and physical so I like being really refreashed. I havent done legs the last two weeks just because ive been so tired by the end of the week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday and Sunday. Eat more if you're feeling sluggish and take some EC ~30-45 minutes prior to training.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Two days ??? Hams and quads diffrent days ??? Im just getting back into supps havent taken anything in years, getting some plain creatine in next week, loved the stuff when I was younger, I just used to mix with some cinamon to increase absorbtion.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I already eat about 2800 cal's a day

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Presently I am training lower body Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with weight, and doing plyometrics and acceleration/agility training every tuesday/thursday.

Br

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
every workout. which is 3 times a week.

Jcweinsx

Awards
squat 3x week. Deads alternate at 1x week / 2x week. No leg extensions. No leg presses. just squats and deads.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I train my legs twice per week as they seem to respond better to higher frequency. Quads and Hammies on Monday Thursday

txcummin

txcummin

Awards
Wednesdays and Saturdays here. My legs also respond well to the higher frequency.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I usually do mine at the end of the week for the simple fact that I'm on my legs all day and walk several miles at work. Weekends give me some time to recuperate before Monday.

Sent from my iPhone

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually do mine at the end of the week for the simple fact that I'm on my legs all day and walk several miles at work. Weekends give me some time to recuperate before Monday.

Sent from my iPhone
Which is awesome for recovery purposes.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its the hardest group on my body both mental and physical so I like being really refreashed.
Yes, because it is the largest muscle group and takes a great deal of energy when you are hitting the work heavy.
I do squats and deads usually twice per week. If I am hitting squats with hard near max effort, I dial back the deads and vice versa if it is deadlift day.
Since I split the W/O's into chest, shoulders, some assistance///and legs, back on another, my leg days always keep changing thru the ongoing weeks. Not selling pressing short at all, but I probably put my biggest efforts into these days, as I feel heavy leg and back work (hitting the largest muscle areas) aids in growing and keeping the entire body in the absolute best shape.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I put a lot of thoight into setting up my workout routine.. Im focusing on building huge tree trunks so i hit legs 2x a week. One day for deadlift and one for squats..i dont know about anyone else but after deadlifting my forearms are shot so cant pull anything the next day.

Sun legs
Mon chest
Tue off
Wed back
Thur off
Fri legs
Sat shoulders/arms

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My body is generally shot the day after a heavy deadlift session. CNS is fried, and trying to do much of anything that requires good CNS activation the following day is pretty futile. Usually I reserve the day after deadlifting for some metcon swimming or yoga.

I put a lot of thoight into setting up my workout routine.. Im focusing on building huge tree trunks so i hit legs 2x a week. One day for deadlift and one for squats..i dont know about anyone else but after deadlifting my forearms are shot so cant pull anything the next day.

Sun legs
Mon chest
Tue off
Wed back
Thur off
Fri legs
Sat shoulders/arms

Jcweinsx

Awards

Sun legs
Mon chest
Tue off
Wed back
Thur off
Fri legs
Sat shoulders/arms
My forearms and CNS are cooked after heavy deads, I agree with you and Zir. I like to recover before I add more load and stress.