Resistance bands solo

  1. Resistance bands solo


    Got a little extra money and was thinking of adding some resistance bands to the gym bag. My only concern is I workout solo. You guys think it would be safe to set up and do say squats and bench solo with bands? My concern since I haven't used them is honestly unracking and getting into position. I would be using dumbbells as anchors.

    Thanks guys

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS


  2. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Got a little extra money and was thinking of adding some resistance bands to the gym bag. My only concern is I workout solo. You guys think it would be safe to set up and do say squats and bench solo with bands? My concern since I haven't used them is honestly unracking and getting into position. I would be using dumbbells as anchors.

    Thanks guys

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Just as safe as working out with no bands.

    Although I've never used DB's as anchors I generally attach them to the rack.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    Just as safe as working out with no bands.

    Although I've never used DB's as anchors I generally attach them to the rack.
    I guess I'm picturing too much tension at the top that moving into position would be hard. I am thinking db's bc I workout at a commercial gym and I don't thing all the racks have pegs to set up too.

    Thanks man

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    I guess I'm picturing too much tension at the top that moving into position would be hard. I am thinking db's bc I workout at a commercial gym and I don't thing all the racks have pegs to set up too.

    Thanks man

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    As long as its weight you can handle it should be no different than when you unrack regularly.

  5. As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.
    Those are exactly what I was thinking of getting. Thanks for the input man.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.
    Rodja , these bands you speak of are these the standard SPRI Xertube bands with handles or a different kind of monster or mini monster bands?
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    Rodja , these bands you speak of are these the standard SPRI Xertube bands with handles or a different kind of monster or mini monster bands?
    They don't have handles.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.
    Are you referring to bench?
    Have you ever used to onyx bands? Those guys aren't a joke

  10. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Are you referring to bench?
    Have you ever used to onyx bands? Those guys aren't a joke
    For any of them. The onyx bands are a lineup with varying thicknesses and resistances. The thickest bands I've ever used are the average ones on deadlifts and those were way too much for me. Even the lights are pushing it for most people.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  11. Re: Resistance bands solo


    John Meadows has a package of bands at Elite FTS that has a good variety for anything you might need.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. resistance bands
    By tnubs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 07:13 AM
  2. The real deal on resistance bands....
    By 1wickd6 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
  3. Resistance bands on pressing movements
    By rxp1997 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
  4. Workout Resistance Bands??
    By Hollidae in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Log in
Log in