Broken hand

DaZearge

DaZearge

Awards
I broke my hand at work. I will be in a cast for about a month. I'm looking for suggestions on how can I workout or what types of exercises I can do with a broken hand.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I broke my hand at work. I will be in a cast for about a month. I'm looking for suggestions on how can I workout or what types of exercises I can do with a broken hand.
SQUATS

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take it from someone who has broken his hand multiple times:

LET IT HEAL!!

Do not attempt to train while it is broken as the slightest deviation will cause the bone to fuse improperly and potentially lead to breaks down the line.

boogyman

Awards
I had a buddy who tried to work through a broken hand, not doing anything as physical as lifting, and he ended up doing so much damage he required multiple surgeries.

Maybe take this time to get in very good cardiovascular shape, but I would even take great care doing that.

Darc_Chylde

Darc_Chylde

Awards
I broke my ring finger metacarpal today at work... I can't wait 'till it's healed so I can punch out the guy responsible. Not putting tools back where they belong caused my fall. Landed on my left knuckle... Not being able to train is gonna be so depressing... I wanna cry like a bish...

DaZearge

DaZearge

Awards
I know how you feel. I had surgery on my hand and they placed a metal plate and seven screws in my hand to be able to put the bones together. I haven't been able to train for over a month. Is a painful process and it's going to take some time to heal. I've been doing physical therapy for three weeks now and I can't still move my middle and my ring fingers.