Quads constanly sore

SinghDaKillaa

SinghDaKillaa

Awards
Hey guys

So for the last about two weeks my quads always feel like I just got done working them. When I flex them they feel sore as if I just squatted

Iv been deadlifting pretty hard this month of that makes a big difference.

Maybe they need more attention, maybe their overtrained?

Thanks ahead of time on any advice or personal experience guys:)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
What does your current routine look like?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps you haven't allowed the inflammation process to proceed in recovery by over-training. Soreness typically occurs from secondary inflammation (from macrophages) pressing against nearby pain receptors. I would recommend you take time off or lower intensity/volume of training.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
go to your gym and use the foam roll on them. its called self myofascial release. youtube how to apply it to your quads, youll thank me later

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
HURTS SO GOOD^ When I was prepping for my last contest my legs felt "heavy" and sore all the time. I think it was from the low carb diet along with the high intesity training and constant cardio.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Beta Alanine, Glucosamina and fish oil to help with recovery perhaps?

SinghDaKillaa

SinghDaKillaa

Awards
HURTS SO GOOD^ When I was prepping for my last contest my legs felt "heavy" and sore all the time. I think it was from the low carb diet along with the high intesity training and constant cardio.
thx man. Looking back on it my nutrition was bad my carb intake was at like 40-50 gms. Nows its at about 200.

I hate how so many people say to avoid carbs. My best workouts are when i have alot of pasta the night before. (I lift first thing in the morning.)