Quads constanly sore
- 12-18-2012, 10:53 PM
So for the last about two weeks my quads always feel like I just got done working them. When I flex them they feel sore as if I just squatted
Iv been deadlifting pretty hard this month of that makes a big difference.
Maybe they need more attention, maybe their overtrained?
Thanks ahead of time on any advice or personal experience guys
- 12-19-2012, 04:52 PM
- 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Perhaps you haven't allowed the inflammation process to proceed in recovery by over-training. Soreness typically occurs from secondary inflammation (from macrophages) pressing against nearby pain receptors. I would recommend you take time off or lower intensity/volume of training.PhD Student:
Exercise Physiology, Cell Physiology, Muscle Biology
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
go to your gym and use the foam roll on them. its called self myofascial release. youtube how to apply it to your quads, youll thank me later
12-19-2012, 05:36 PM
HURTS SO GOOD^ When I was prepping for my last contest my legs felt "heavy" and sore all the time. I think it was from the low carb diet along with the high intesity training and constant cardio.
Nothing I say constitutes medical advice. Please check with your medical professional before starting any diet or exercise program.
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Beta Alanine, Glucosamina and fish oil to help with recovery perhaps?
Androhard + Andromass Log
08-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By hamper19 in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 09-07-2014, 04:36 AM
- By bt4ever in forum AnabolicsReplies: 21Last Post: 07-26-2004, 06:20 PM
- By The Mayor in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 13Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:19 PM
- By Big Masa in forum General ChatReplies: 20Last Post: 01-26-2003, 01:31 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2003, 05:32 PM