p90x and diet for skinny

Hamsterzor

Awards
Hi!
I guess you've all heard of p90x and i was thinking of starting this program at the beginning of 2013.I would also follow another routine than the basic one, which means excluding cardio and incresing weight while reducing reps. The reason why i want to take up this program is because i need something rather interactive to keep me motivated...i've heard it's not the best for skinny ppl like me but atm my schedule won't allow me to go to the gym and i feel more comfortable at home.
I was also thinking of taking some supplements to achieve even better results...i want to gain at least 15 pounds in the 3 months.Atm i am 5.10 and 132 lb.
What do you think guys?

Here are some recent pictures of me

dsc00061sw.jpg

dsc00062hn.jpg

dsc00067ah.jpg

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
15lbs in 3 months aint happening. go join a gym and dont be a resolution head. p90x is best suited for weight loss because of the amount of calories it burns. why do you say you dont have time for a gym membership?

Hamsterzor

Awards
well it's because i'm rather busy with school and as i said I'd prefer working at home... but the p90x would stimulate the muscle growth, wouldn't it? and i said i would remove the cardio part...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know, I don't buy the busy with school excuse...I was able to train at a gym 3-5 days a week while completing a PhD.

Do you have equipment at home to train with? Bench press, squat rack, pull up bar, maybe some swiss balls? If so, then check out 5/3/1 or west side for skinny bastards.

Hamsterzor

Awards
just a pull up bar and dumb bells...i was so determined to start p90x and now...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my professional opinion it is better than nothing, but the base you create with it will be unbalanced and likely reduce your performance or ability to build size and strength down the road.

Hamsterzor

Awards
Ok thanks a lot! I will reorientate myself then

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
In my professional opinion it is better than nothing, but the base you create with it will be unbalanced and likely reduce your performance or ability to build size and strength down the road.
incase you dont know, ^^^ that guy = Dr Exercise of the forum. if he says its a bad idea, its probly a bad idea. go ahead and ask him about his profession if you dont believe me

and dont play the busy with school card. im running 2 lab classes and 15 units totaling about 28hours a week in class while being a part time pt, i still got time for the gym

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
P90x and your goals don't match up. You're setting yourself up for disappointment

- Valdez

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I agree with the guys above about P90x man. You will get a lil stronger and more cut, but you can forget about size with that program. If you want size you gotta eat big and lift bigger. If you are dead set on maintaining overall fitness and cardio as well, I have been doing Crossfit for about 2 years and love it. There are workouts you can do at home as well. BUT...like P90 it's pretty cardio oriented so gaining size with CF is tough, also a lot of the lifts require good coaching.
Hit a gym man, if time is what your worried about, then just don't be that guy flapping his gums for ten minutes between sets and you can be in and out in 30 minutes

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Although I agree with the "don't do P90X if you're skinny", let me drop a quick 2c here on the topic;

One thing I did when I was trying to dry out but still get a good workout was combine P90X with Chuck Norris' own sweet Total Gym, not kidding. The bodyweight exercises were a lot more challenging and I could put significantly more weight on it, so it helped a bit. But in your case, seeing how much you weight, I don't think your body weight would be enough for it.

I would say go to the Gym and eat a lot.

jem5453

Awards
well it's because i'm rather busy with school and as i said I'd prefer working at home... but the p90x would stimulate the muscle growth, wouldn't it? and i said i would remove the cardio part...
If you do P90X you may not lose so much weight if you back off the cardio- do the classic version not lean or double lean- you will get cut but you can lift heavy with 8-10 max reps- its a good program if you can't get to the gym- make sure you eat clean- you will see results- the reason why so many people lose weight is bcuz of the cardio- some do hybrid programs with P90x such as insanity which really works to get you to lose weight- but if you want to build use creatine and lift heavy......no one else knows your schedule or your life except u...don't listen to neg. comments...just get started and you will see results.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
you can gain 15lbs in 3 months. if you eat enough and accept that 90+% of it will likely be bodyfat. even then i doubt you will be able to eat enough.

and nothing wrong with working out at home. try getting this book from ross training, never gymless:
RossTraining.com - Never Gymless

and learn how to really push the body with bodyweight exercises at bodyweight culture dot com.
BodyWeightCulture.com - Home

and beast skills dot com:
Bodyweight Strength Training « Beast Skills

it is my strong opinion that if you want to get big you will do what needs to be done. and i see excuses and a bad workout that is contradictory. what has been said will get you started but will not let you reach your goals the way you want. so be ready for disappointment.