Please rate my chin technique

PrimiFit

Awards
Doing chin ups and pull ups is a passion of mine. I've suffered from shoulder issues in the recent years but I'm overcoming them day by day. I'm practically pain free now and can do pushing exercises again.

I've been trying to get strong with chins again (I used to be able to do a chin with +40kg @ 68kg bodyweight). I'm planning to do a lot better this time.

[video=youtube;zUedBES8Pnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUedBES8Pnw&feature=g-crec-u[/video]

Here's a video of me doing 16 chins. I'm trying to do them as controlled and technical as possible, but I'd still appreciate any advice on my form if there's anything to correct. I never want to have the shoulder issues again. Thanks!

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
looks like alot of bicep work gettin done on those.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'd switch to an overhand wider than shoulder width grip. More lat/back activation than the underhand grip which puts a lot of emphasis on the biceps.

PrimiFit

Awards
I'd switch to an overhand wider than shoulder width grip. More lat/back activation than the underhand grip which puts a lot of emphasis on the biceps.
I'm going to do all widths and all grips, but I'll keep the shoulder width as a standard, because that's my strongest width to chin.