1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Seriously... who doesn't want BIG ARMS? I have a good build finally and a big body. I'm 6'6" though and my long ass arms have just not kept pace with the rest of my body. They have gotten bigger and I've added some vascular aspects this year but I really want better progress.

Its not diet (I'll gain belly fat from overeating a clean diet before my arms grow). I was really thinking I need to do what seems practical, WORK MORE SETS. Been training for 3 years and have gone from 170- 210lbs all natty. I've recently completed the 4 weeks to big arms by T-nation (can't post link yet) ... some results.

I mostly need to come to terms that I don't have great arm genes and will probably never ever have 20" pipes but it won't stop me from trying. I'm sitting at 15" now and honestly look like I've come a long way (believe it or not @ 13.5") I bench about 250 1RM and squat that about 15x on a good day. I'm not entirely weak for being this tall and lean.

Just looking for input on things that have helped other people like me get bigger arms. Frequency? Sets? I'm ready to just hit arms 2x a week.... and hard. I have lots of compound movements in my routine.
    Okay im going to give you 3 exercises that will increase the size of your arms . Biceps atleast.

1st and the easiest are reverse curls. Easy to execute too. Trains the neglected head.

2nd is... 21s . Most effective for peak. Can even be done with light weight preacher style.

3rd and most important for me personally. ..weighted chins with full extension and pause at the bottom. This will rip your biceps to shreds.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsy7 View Post
    Also nice to see another comment you made about cycles and your PCT. So your not natty after all. Maybe you'll never have big arms then?
    Hey buddy, welcome to November.

Arms are definitely bigger but no, I'll never have huge arms. I'm like a basketball player.

Thanks for your concern?? Sorry, I'm lost man.... not sure of your point.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.96%

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Okay im going to give you 3 exercises that will increase the size of your arms . Biceps atleast.

1st and the easiest are reverse curls. Easy to execute too. Trains the neglected head.

2nd is... 21s . Most effective for peak. Can even be done with light weight preacher style.

3rd and most important for me personally. ..weighted chins with full extension and pause at the bottom. This will rip your biceps to shreds.
    Thanks buddy but this thread is out dated. That guy just started it up again for some reason. I actually use what you are saying and you are not lying sir, I've really shaped my arms in the 10-11 months this thread has sat stagnant.

I use Zottmans a lot and they have made my forearms crazy veiny and thicker. Another awesome one for peaks are guillotine curls man. Kills the peak of my bis because I just wasn't used to the motion. Actually gave me a little scoop on my bicep top that I can start to see a shadow on when I'm laying down watching TV before bed. Fun to notice the small things of your body changing. Its the small things in life! I now have veins going across my bis and delts onto my chest from this year. I'll always be a lean guy but at least I look much better haha

I just gotta keep it up and get stronger and stronger.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Sadly, genetics may never allow that for me. Im at 15 after 3 years. 16-17 in the next 3 years and Im happy as shat.
    Remember too, a cut and ripped 16" arm will appear to be quite a bit bigger than a chubby uncut 18" even if it measure less.
    Most people used to think Zane's arms were bigger than they actually taped.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.96%

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post

Remember too, a cut and ripped 16" arm will appear to be quite a bit bigger than a chubby uncut 18" even if it measure less.
    Most people used to think Zane's arms were bigger than they actually taped.
    Yea that was 9 months ago and I've probably added .5 inches but I'm also much leaner today so the look much bigger having a vascular presence. Looong road!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest prep guys - non-contest guy need some tips!
    By StangBanger in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 10:28 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 08:40 PM
  3. Tall & Lean with a gut!! Best way?
    By scrilla in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 11:50 AM
  4. Need some help from the tall guys
    By spike88 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20