Spartan Race Training

GPF

GPF

Awards
Hey what would be a great style of training if I was preparing do a spartan race?

ShockTroop

ShockTroop

Banned
Awards
Crossfit. Bootcamp style... Maybe some TRX Suspension. Anything Cardio intensive that stresses muscle strain as well.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've done a few of those type races, pretty much make sure your cardio is in check. There wasn't a ton of strength type stuff except some of the wall/rope climbs. So I would continue lifting as you do but throw in some more cardio. The Spartan Race I did was almost 5 miles.

GPF

GPF

Awards
I've done a few of those type races, pretty much make sure your cardio is in check. There wasn't a ton of strength type stuff except some of the wall/rope climbs. So I would continue lifting as you do but throw in some more cardio. The Spartan Race I did was almost 5 miles.

Thanks Bro How did you enjoy it?

boogyman

Awards
I did quite a few tough mudders...same idea but longer (10-12 miles). I did lots of jogging, bodyweight movements, sandbag work, stuff like that. These events are just as much mental as anything, i was cold, wet, got shocked lol.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Bro How did you enjoy it?
It was awesome! I did a warrior dash also, liked the Spartan Race more. There was more variety in the obstacles. Also for the spartan run I did a nice chunk of it was in the woods, so the hills ended up being almost an obstacle cause it rained before so some of the steep ones were really hard to get up. Also wear a pair of shoes that you don't mind ruining, cause they'll be ruined by the time your done! Also if you married, take off your wedding ring! I learned that lesson the hard way in another race I did!