Besides cutting what else can i do to lose weight ?

thenewkid4011

Awards
I wanna lose some weight but still wanna gain muscle. I don't wanna do a cut phase cuz i don't think that would help for what i want but besides cutting what other things can i do.

Im thinking just dieting and cardio, but idk if there is anything else.

Thanks and sorry if i put this in wrong spot wasn't sure were to put it.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the closest thing you could do is a "recomp", google what it is all about

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
cutting/bulk is old school thinking and totally jacks with insulin sensitivity.

try reading up on carb backloading and intermittent fasting. pick one, follow it exactly for 6+ months. as for working out, look at a mass/strength building program and make sure to do lots of sled work and you will be golden.

thenewkid4011

Awards
Awsome thank you both very much ill look into each thing and figure out what to do haha thanks again

Revend

Awards
For losing weight exercise and diet both are useful. Cardio exercises are best for weight lose. In diet try to eat less quantity food and eat low calories food. Do walk daily for losing weight and avoid fast food.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
the closest thing you could do is a "recomp", google what it is all about
Correct.
Eat your meals throughout the day, increase kcals to compensate for training, drop on off days. Should work out to "slightly over maintenance" for a SLOW BULK, keeping it ultra lean. Cardio to also stave away fat

-Chris
EBF Rep

z00k

Awards
You can do a "lean bulk" or a "body recomp"

This is where you eat at -or- slightly above your maintenance calories and continue to lift on a progressive training regime. It's possible to burn fat and gain muscle slowly like this, but it's also likely difficult if you're not familiar with counting calories/macros.

Someone on this site made a great video along the lines of this subject, I'll see if I can find it for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=4GgbzzOZlaY

you'll have to enter it into your browser yourself, I don't have enough posts to use hyperlinks.

Aj2000

Aj2000

Awards
I would add some intense sprint workouts, that's what I do.

The intensity will burn the fat and also keep the muscles firing enough to keep growth

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's what I've been doing, I eat a surplus on my workout days (300 over) and eat a little less (100 under ) in my off days and I've still been making gains in my lifts. Also I've still been lean as well.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
For losing weight exercise and diet both are useful. Cardio exercises are best for weight lose. In diet try to eat less quantity food and eat low calories food. Do walk daily for losing weight and avoid fast food.
Mehhh

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
cutting/bulk is old school thinking and totally jacks with insulin sensitivity.

try reading up on carb backloading and intermittent fasting. pick one, follow it exactly for 6+ months. as for working out, look at a mass/strength building program and make sure to do lots of sled work and you will be golden.
Got any good CBL links? I know I could google it, as I have. But curious if you have a specific one you followed

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Got any good CBL links? I know I could google it, as I have. But curious if you have a specific one you followed
what i know about it is from the few tidbits i have found online and the 2 friends that bought the book that talk about it all the time. there are still many details i dont know about.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I suggest buying the cbl book. It is worth the price.