Legs Day and Puking

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is becoming a frequent thing. About 2 weeks ago I was squatting, going real high intensity , and as soon as my set ended i felt like sick to my stomach. I went in the bathroom and puked hard. So I was like **** this, and finished my workout, i felt better after. But then the week after I puked squatting again! Does this happen to anyone else, im kind of scared to do legs tomorrow because im not in the mood to puke my brains out again.

Anything i can do to calm my stomach possibly?

I eat 1 - 1.5 hours before my workout. Usually the meal has carbs, some fats, and protein. I take my PWO and hit the gym. I drink a lot of water during my workout. Any help guys?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is becoming a frequent thing. About 2 weeks ago I was squatting, going real high intensity , and as soon as my set ended i felt like sick to my stomach. I went in the bathroom and puked hard. So I was like **** this, and finished my workout, i felt better after. But then the week after I puked squatting again! Does this happen to anyone else, im kind of scared to do legs tomorrow because im not in the mood to puke my brains out again.

Anything i can do to calm my stomach possibly?

I eat 1 - 1.5 hours before my workout. Usually the meal has carbs, some fats, and protein. I take my PWO and hit the gym. I drink a lot of water during my workout. Any help guys?
Do you chug the water or take in a big amount in a short time span?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
train til' ya puke, universal motto

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
stop eating before your workout. i used to be like that a lot too. now it can be 4-6 hours after i eat when i workout and i dont have that issue anymore.

i also dont push myself the same way. i used to do endurance competitions so my lifting was circuit style a lot and almost always with way too little of rest, and way too many reps. kind of like crossfit before it was crossfit. my body fought back a lot and i used to think it was great and that it really helped.

as i got older and lazy i changed to strength as a sport instead of a supplement to a sport and i dont even come close anymore. maybe on some silly challenge at the gym when doing conditioning. like we go till someone pukes and that is after several hours of strongman training. but those are very rare.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink a lot in the period of an hour. 22 oz every 25 minutes . I wear a hoodie when I workout too so I sweat more. It may be intensity but what's the fun if your not training intensely ?! Well if you wait 4 hours before the gym aren't you hungry and feel more taxed for energy during your workout?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just don't go so hard anymore.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Also focus on your breathing, or lack thereof. This can play a big part in controlling your CNS and not letting it run out of control.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm always nauseous after each training session, but I've never puked from training. It sounds like you have too much fluid in your stomach while training and/or your pre-WO meal is too heavy.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Well if you wait 4 hours before the gym aren't you hungry and feel more taxed for energy during your workout?
i used to be one of those people that believed i had to eat every 2 hours or i would shrivel up and be weak. but then i pulled my head out of my butt and realized that we would not exist as a species if we were so weak.

when i ate mostly carbs i did feel like i had to eat every few hours as well. but since i switched to 50+% of my calories from fat i can eat 2-3 times a day and still get in all of what i need and i dont feel as hungry either. its awesome. it was hard at first. i felt hungry a lot but after a few week i started to feel a lot better and not just hungry. i felt more energetic, not as fatigued.

funny thing is that was a few years before i heard of things like carb backloading and intermittent fasting.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just did legs today an i drank less water. I felt fine after and went just as hard as usual. So it was the fact that i was drinking to much water. Thanks fellas

BLABD

Awards
With Back day and Leg day I have to be careful when and what I eat or drink before and during my workout. Or I'll need to sit 10-15 minutes out for 10-15 minutes of the workout.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With Back day and Leg day I have to be careful when and what I eat or drink before and during my workout. Or I'll need to sit 10-15 minutes out for 10-15 minutes of the workout.
Thats rough, with the body parts i go harder with i just do them with close to nothing in my stomach now because i know ill throw up whatever ends up in there anyway