Needing advice

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Ok ima very experienced lifter but I need some advice. I need to cut back on some of my supplement spending. Right now I take optimum lean gainer for protein, micronized creatine and pre workout. I need to cut one out. The main thing I'm thinkin is the pre workout, I have gotten to where I don't even feel it anymore even when I cycle off it for awhile. I have been readin online a lot of people have went to coffee for a pre workout. Any ideas? What should I cut out??

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
get whey protein instead, bulk creatine mono for 5 bucks and some bulk caffeine-that'd all cost less

if your tight on cash then drop it all, all you need is a proper diet

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Yeah I thought about that for awhile. My diet is spot on just gotta cut back on my supps a bit

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of a cup of coffee before a workout. Personally, it works better than any of the pre-workouts I've tried and I don't get jitters or crash mid-workout. You should definitely give it a try.

As Sean said, you need to buy your protein in bulk, as well as as much of your food. If you leave near a Sam's Club you should go down and get a membership. During bulking and show-prep last summer it saved me hundreds of dollars, and it's only like $30-some dollars a year to join. Also worth looking into if you're committed to a bodybuilder's diet and don't mind buying tons of food at once.

*edit*

It's $40 per year, I just looked it up.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as he said above; sams club, Costco, bj's-all those places will sell bulk whey usually in a 6lb bag for less than $40

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Coffee or caffeine tabs work for me pre-workout. FYI if your diet really is spot on, then a whey protein shake is null and void. Considering a spot on diet gets all its nutreints from food. Just saying ;)

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
if your tight on cash then drop it all, all you need is a proper diet
even if your diet is not dialed in, being consistent, pushing hard, sleeping hard, recovering hard, staying mobile, and doing deloads when you need to and you will be golden.

supplements are meant to do just that supplement what you are doing. so if what you are doing is **** or subpar you will get **** or subpar results.