Training to get ripped

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
hey guys, i'm cutting right now and I am taking about 2480calories a day, I train 4 times a week doing only composed exercises, My split looks like Squat+Romanian Deadlift+Calves+ Cardio, Bench Press+Military Press+Dips/closegrip bench+cardio, Deadlift+Bentover row/Tbar row or machine row+Pullups/chin ups. Rep range doesnt go further than 5 reps but the problem is that I feel like i'm not pushing hard enough in the gym, I dont even get sweaty.. is this normal? and when I do cardio I never now how much calories I should burn at least to boost fat loss..can someone help?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
manipulate diet is priority 1. for training, do you have long breaks between sets? if so, that could explain the lack of sweat. and how cool is the gym? for cardio, if you want to cut fat as fast as possible, start doing 20 minute sessions of hiit training. you dont even need to be at the gym, i think its better on the street because of the fresh air and the actual pavement feel rather than keeping up with a belt.

and keep lifting heavy

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
manipulate diet is priority 1. for training, do you have long breaks between sets? if so, that could explain the lack of sweat. and how cool is the gym? for cardio, if you want to cut fat as fast as possible, start doing 20 minute sessions of hiit training. you dont even need to be at the gym, i think its better on the street because of the fresh air and the actual pavement feel rather than keeping up with a belt.

and keep lifting heavy
I kinda have long breaks, because I read somewhere that while cutting the main point is to lift heavy and avoid doing intense workouts due to the cortisol.. I usually do 30min HIT, 1 min walking at 6.0 and 1 min running at 13.0 and so on until I get 30minutes, the calories burned are usually 420 according to my threadmill.. this on my non-training days, when I train I do like 5 minutes, dont have time to much more and I always try to do all the exercises at the minimum time possible to minimize muscle breakdown, actually I'm thinking in but a thermogenic to give me a boost as well

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Cut your rest between sets to under a minute,
You'll notice a difference.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just to be different, my rest periods are 2 minutes and I sweat like mental (with no pre-workout therms). I don't do <1minute rests unless its isolation exercises. Works for me just fine; but less rest works too, obviously.

I'm going too add that you shouldnt fear cortisol, especially during training. YOU NEED CORTISOL; heres a link for you too consider

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/216494-stop-fearing-cortisol.html