Arnold's chest training? - AnabolicMinds.com

Arnold's chest training?

Reputation Reputation

Arnold's chest training?

Hey there guys.Good evening.I read before that Arnold was training his chest 3 times a week.So if we want to raise the size of a muscle team should we train it 3 times a week?Doesnt it overtraining?You think Arnold could do that cause the suport he has in supplements and because he was in the juice size due to bodybuilding?

Arnold was a freak. I wouldn't advocate it, 99% of people wouldn't recover that fast.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

frequency is only one variable on the whole equation of overwork/overtraining. the others are intensity, volume, recovery ability, sleep, and nutrition. you can train to increase the capacity for recovery and volume and to a small degree intensity if you are newer to lifting. so saying you train something x amount of times a week it is near impossible to say whether they are overtraining/overworking or not.

for example, you have one person that does 20 sets 8 at 75% once a week. say the lift has a max of 300lbs. that would be a total of 20x10x270= 36,000 lbs lifted. now if that same person lifted at 75% 3 times a week they may do 3x10 at 3 times a week and lift 20,250 lbs in a week. the higher frequency in this case has less volume in a week. so i would say the once a week is too much in this case.

now that was just an example. multiple times a week will usually allow for more training volume over a week as you are better rested for more sets. the point is that all the variables count on whether they are overworking or not.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I say if you can do 2 x per week for each body part, with reduced volume then thats the best imo. 3x per week is pushing it without adequate programming, especially if that will lead to you underlifting on other muscle groups. If you do three days for chest then expect to do 3 days for back. In this case I might be best to do a Push/Pull/Leg split x 2 per week which may or may not be too much depending on volume/ intensity etc. Or even Upper/lower Upper/lower Upper/ Lower.

In any case, whether or not someone is over training cannot be determined simply by the amount of days training a certain body part. 3x per week tells us nothing considering it may just be 1 set of bench x 3 reps minimal effort x 3 days per week for all we know. People will have a better idea when someone writes up a prgramme with volume, intensity and muscle groups/ movements trained as too if this program has the potential to cause overtraining.

Its similar to asking, do you think 3000 brushstrokes is too much to paint my bathroom? How can we know unless given the dimenons of said bathroom and size of the brush. The more variables and information given, the more informative the answer
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

dont mimic arnolds routine because it worked for him, find your comfort zone and follow what works for you. trial and error my friend. overtraining is thrown around way too loosely around here. i myself work construction full time plus lift up to 5 times a week and try some sort of cardio, so after an 8-10 hour day plus lifting am i over training?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz
    I say if you can do 2 x per week for each body part, with reduced volume then thats the best imo. 3x per week is pushing it without adequate programming, especially if that will lead to you underlifting on other muscle groups. If you do three days for chest then expect to do 3 days for back. In this case I might be best to do a Push/Pull/Leg split x 2 per week which may or may not be too much depending on volume/ intensity etc. Or even Upper/lower Upper/lower Upper/ Lower.

In any case, whether or not someone is over training cannot be determined simply by the amount of days training a certain body part. 3x per week tells us nothing considering it may just be 1 set of bench x 3 reps minimal effort x 3 days per week for all we know. People will have a better idea when someone writes up a prgramme with volume, intensity and muscle groups/ movements trained as too if this program has the potential to cause overtraining.

Its similar to asking, do you think 3000 brushstrokes is too much to paint my bathroom? How can we know unless given the dimenons of said bathroom and size of the brush. The more variables and information given, the more informative the answer
    Great post!
    And, fantastic simile!

Peace
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate View Post
    Hey there guys.Good evening.I read before that Arnold was training his chest 3 times a week.So if we want to raise the size of a muscle team should we train it 3 times a week?Doesnt it overtraining?You think Arnold could do that cause the suport he has in supplements and because he was in the juice size due to bodybuilding?
    Arnold was a genetic superior, used steroids and was able to just body build without working a 9-5 for much of his career. Train chest 2 x per week max. I only train it once per week and my chest is rather massive (or so I am told by everyone, LOL).
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

Reputation Reputation

Xmm ok thx guys.Nice posts all of you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest Training
    By CrazyBassGuy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 10:31 AM
  2. Chest Training
    By Bulldawg07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
  3. Chest training