Over trainning possible??

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
I'm sure it's possible to be over training, I work out 5 days a week and take off 2 days, I know a guy that works out 7 days a week and says that's the only way to get bigger..... I think he's over training and not giving his body enough rest

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
if you have the work capacity and eat well enough and sleep well enough you can workout that much.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We can't make a judgment on that small amount of information given that his workouts could be as little as 10 pushups or as much as 100 sets of 100 reps on the bench. Without info, its all just guesswork.

jxn

Awards
The overwhelming majority of people who are not involved in really serious powerlifting, bodybuilding, or endurance training generally have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of "overtraining."

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The overwhelming majority of people who are not involved in really serious powerlifting, bodybuilding, or endurance training generally have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of "overtraining."
THNAK YOU!!!!

I've been saying this for ages that "overtraining" is the most overused and abused phrase in training.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Overtraining is a serious condition brought about by very difficult and continuous training with little recovery. It takes a long time to get to this state and a long time to recover from.

Now, a program that includes too much volume may create some performance issues, especially related to strength gains. But this isn't overtraining.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't believe you can over train. Too many people believe in overtraining. Just sleep eat and workout and you'll be good. Rest is key. To sum it up... forget about the word overtaining.