Training till Failure? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Training till Failure?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. AnabolicMinds Board Educator.
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chitown58

Look at their physiques....u think they really care if u agree with them or not? U think they will change what they r doing because u or sum random on here doesn't agree with it? Ha u talk about proof, looks to me like they r doing just fine...
    I agree with this.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chitown58 View Post
    Look at their physiques....u think they really care if u agree with them or not? U think they will change what they r doing because u or sum random on here doesn't agree with it? Ha u talk about proof, looks to me like they r doing just fine...
    Lol tbh I couldn't care less. Nor was that even the point of my post. People can train the way they want to train but when you start telling other people to follow on with your bad habits then I step in, out of professional courtesy.
    Training safely ensures you can train all your life, once you **** yourself up with injuries from bad form, everything slows and rehab is a *****.

Look at the exercise science forum, or even within this forum on how many people need help with injuries stemming from bad form.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

What works is not always optimal. There's food for thought. I don't understand why some are so quick to dismiss science. Obviously people intelligent enough to be involved in literature and research are also intelligent enough to determine whether a study is well designed and also whether or not it is applicable to certain populations. These people often have an education in the various sciences which will also involve a heavy amount of research based coursework. They are not sheep. Nobody ever discredited anecdotal evidence, however, the best combine anecdotal evidence with proven science to produce optimal results. It also drives intelligent conversation
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

Lol tbh I couldn't care less. Nor was that even the point of my post. People can train the way they want to train but when you start telling other people to follow on with your bad habits then I step in, out of professional courtesy.
    Training safely ensures you can train all your life, once you **** yourself up with injuries from bad form, everything slows and rehab is a *****.

Look at the exercise science forum, or even within this forum on how many people need help with injuries stemming from bad form.
    dude I never said for people to use bad form! Did u even read what wrote? U pretty much just prove my point...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chitown58
    People just bother me sumtimes like those guys on youtube, they have the nerve to comment on guys like Branch Warren, Johnnie Jackson, Kai Greene, so many "nobodys" that look like they never even touched a weight in their life talking smack about the pro's form, saying "oh look at how awful Jonnies form is, he doing this all wrong" haha r u serious!! Even Jonnie had to say in one of his vids, "all these guys talking bout my form, ha trust me, I know exactly what works for me, if my vids bother u that much, then don't watch it"
    Reread it bro
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chitown58 View Post
    Reread it bro
    Haha, I think that post can be misinterpreted where it says "I do what works for me". My bad if I read it in another way that what it was intended, seemed like it was promoting what works over form, :S

sigh, threads like this are gold, at least now I get what you mean
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

i like science. thats why i like guys like Louie Simmons, A.S. Prilepin, Tudor Bompa, Vladimir Zatsiorsky, Fred Hatfield, and Vladimir Issurin. now i could also say i like coaches and athletes that have done amazing things. and who do you think some of the coaches are? some from the previous lists.

exercise is as much art as it is science. you cant be a great coach/athlete without knowledge of both. sure you can get there with just time under the bar. sure you can try and reinvent the wheel all over and spend decades of researching all on yourself. but that just sounds slow, inefficient and an experiment in stupid. you can read the research done on tens of thousands of people over a span of decades and at times backed up by nearly a century of evidence and use that to skip the crap and maximize the time under the bar. an even bigger better benefit is you are more likely to stay injury free and therefore be lifting many more years, therefore gaining much more than others without both sides.

even when you know the basics there is also the the lifter and this is where the art comes in. say the lifter is a powerlifter that is most motivated with a 4 day workout, lots of PRs, and hates speed work. i bet a 5/3/1 would work great for him. science says 5/3/1 works, art says 5/3/1 works for him.

wow, that really speeds up the process. without the art and focusing on science you may throw westside at him. half his main work is speed work which he hates and therefore slacks on or does all wrong. he goes way too hard on max days and gets injured. now he thinks westside sucks, but the science says it works. who is he to believe.

and the debates go on ad nauseum.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

I just read a good article in the news section of this forum by Dr Jim Stopanni about going to failure, it's a good read if you guys wanna check it out
    T2
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by schroedes View Post
    I just read a good article in the news section of this forum by Dr Jim Stopanni about going to failure, it's a good read if you guys wanna check it out
    i browsed through 17 pages of articles and could not find the one you mentioned. might you have a link please.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig

i browsed through 17 pages of articles and could not find the one you mentioned. might you have a link please.
    Ya it was like 2 weeks ago, I'll look
    T2
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

It's on oct 15th, called, lifting heavy
    T2
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

I guess it's geared more toward lifting heavy, still a good read though
    T2
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

There's alot of different kind of muscle builds on people and how there body response to stimuli for instance my lifting partner can go 415 on bench and crank out 8 to 10 reps then when we drop set to 225lb he can get 15 reps where as I can't throw up the 415 for as many reps as he can but I can bust out alot more reps then him after drop setting to 225 so it's all about what gives you results if you think going to failure works for you and your getting the results you are looking for then go for it.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by badnews09 View Post
    There's alot of different kind of muscle builds on people and how there body response to stimuli for instance my lifting partner can go 415 on bench and crank out 8 to 10 reps then when we drop set to 225lb he can get 15 reps where as I can't throw up the 415 for as many reps as he can but I can bust out alot more reps then him after drop setting to 225 so it's all about what gives you results if you think going to failure works for you and your getting the results you are looking for then go for it.
    what you just described is a trainable variable. you can train for endurance, size and strength. so its not an accurate example for this discussion.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by schroedes View Post
    It's on oct 15th, called, lifting heavy
    found it using google:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...ng-heavy-2120/
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I lift till i cant anymore and only lower lbs maybe once. and this takes about 30-50min per workout. what i do most of time. i only workout 2-4 days a week, works for me.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs
    I lift till i cant anymore and only lower lbs maybe once. and this takes about 30-50min per workout. what i do most of time. i only workout 2-4 days a week, works for me.
    That's what I was going for well said

Similar Forum Threads

1. Training to failure on EVERY set?
    By Terminator LMG in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 01:20 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 05:44 AM
  4. Training to failure or FAILURE
    By JoeMama in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
  5. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 09:23 PM