complaining people

GPF

GPF

Awards
Hey how do you handle training with someone that complain alot about training or even if your a Personal Trainer how would you handle people like this?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If it was just some lifting buddy well he wouldn't be lifting with me...my muscles don't like negative energy :p...if it was some random person bitching about lifting I'd say there's the door more room for me...if it was a personal trainer I'd tell him to get a different job then

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
If it was just some lifting buddy well he wouldn't be lifting with me...my muscles don't like negative energy :p...if it was some random person bitching about lifting I'd say there's the door more room for me...if it was a personal trainer I'd tell him to get a different job then
i think he ment if you were the trainer and the client was bitchin about training.

if im right, this sadly happens to every female client. the women that really wanna be there dont hire trainers. a lot of guys do this too, but they keep to themselves most the time. you can still feel the brooding though when you talk lol

the best course of sction as a trainer is to distract them with conversation between sets. and to throw them a lot of positive reinforcement whenever they accomplish something. even something as simple as one more rep than last week. most people hate the lifestyle up until they notice a change. usually the change is signifiant fat loss that they can actually see.

if its some random guy bitchin on the phone or soemthing, chuck a dumbell at his head

if its yr lifting partner complaining abut the gym, then dont tell him when youre going that way you dont get distracted. gym time = business. not social hour, unless youre there to play basketball or something

GPF

GPF

Awards
lol @ wwedo107

"the best course of sction as a trainer is to distract them with conversation between sets. and to throw them a lot of positive reinforcement whenever they accomplish something. even something as simple as one more rep than last week. most people hate the lifestyle up until they notice a change. usually the change is signifiant fat loss that they can actually see. "

thanks ThunderHumper

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
number one reason I don't train with a partner, well aside from my complete lack of social skills. Now if it was a client, I would do my best to motivate them during the workout and have a polite discussion with them after their session about how much it helps to have a positive attitude when trying to achieve a goal and maybe tell them to visualize the end result while training to give them a sense of purpose and if that doesn't work as long they pay I don't give a damn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jayhawkk General Chat 2