Harder muscles

thessbros

thessbros

Awards
Ok guys was wondering what people think is the best rep range for building harder muscles and leaner muscles. I'm not a fan of the big bodybuilder look(no offense to any of you guys who look like this) but I just want to know people's personal experiences with their rep range and their muscle hardness. Thanks

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Just loose bodyfat. Diet and cardio.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leaner muscles will be diet for sure.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alternate day fasting is the shizz
Man I can do IF no problem but I don't think I could go a whole day. Unless I was extremely busy in order to keep my mind off eating. I have been wanting to try and ADF just as a mental strength challenge kind of thing. You ADF? If so, what have your results been like?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Man I can do IF no problem but I don't think I could go a whole day. Unless I was extremely busy in order to keep my mind off eating. I have been wanting to try and ADF just as a mental strength challenge kind of thing. You ADF? If so, what have your results been like?
I get better results from ADF for whatever reason. Then I can also binge eat the following days. The way I did I was trying to recomp, so 3 days a week I would fast, the other 4 would be my lifting days. My weight went down slower but I didnt lose any muscle. The fat seemed to fall off quickly, tho, and mirror results came quick. I would eat like I was bulking on my "eat" days. The secret is to use psyllium husk throughout the day when u get hungry and your trying to fast. Usually I'll take a bunch one time in the early day and then I guess b/c my insulin never raises from food, I dont get hungry the whole day. I like it better that IF because when i did IF i was using a 4 hour window to eat, and its like the hell of fasting every day. With ADF, most of the week im eating, but Im still at >9,000 cal deficit from those 3 days that I can either make up on my eat days or let them go. I think you also get some type of beneficial rebound effect at sparing muscle from doing ADF over regular calorie restriction/ IF method. Your body just had an awesome workout and the next day theres no food... so it tries harder to keep the muscle.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would try and cut cals back or do cardio, fight off the hunger pains...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man...i'm going to have to try this out down the road I think. I also lift 4 days a week so it'd work almost perfectly as you described. what were your feed day cals like compared to your maint cals?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Man...i'm going to have to try this out down the road I think. I also lift 4 days a week so it'd work almost perfectly as you described. what were your feed day cals like compared to your maint cals?
Above maintenance. Lift mid day so you can get some carbs in before and after or else your workouts will suffer. I dont count cals, i just eat the same thing every day so I know when to add in/take out food, but I was eating a lot during this time. I also used peptides, whether or not that assisted in leaning out and maintaining muscle. I think it would still be a very good plan as many people have done ADF and gotten great results.