ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES> - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES>

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    Big news: www.broserbuilt.com is only a day or two away from launch!

Membership section will allow you to receive personally designed (by me, the COACH) workouts using my PRRS, FDFS, and other methods, delivered to your email every week! No more thinking about what to do - now you just follow my prescription and PROGRESS!
    Although a few more things are still to be added, site is live!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Although a few more things are still to be added, site is live!
    Checking out now
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Site looks great man! Good job and best wishes!
    •   

4. New Member

I sold those shirts years ago and they sold out quick. Looks like I may have to make em up again!!!
    You should re-sell Coach. Def get some more gear going. I still have the RED P/RR/S shirt and I save for very special gym occassions, like when it's time to BRUTALIZE LEGS!

Big news: www.broserbuilt.com is only a day or two away from launch!

Membership section will allow you to receive personally designed (by me, the COACH) workouts using my PRRS, FDFS, and other methods, delivered to your email every week! No more thinking about what to do - now you just follow my prescription and PROGRESS!
    This is going to be such an amazing resource! I'll def be recommending to anyone I know.

There will be three different memberships - 1, 3 and 12 months. Obviously the per month rate is cheaper for the extended memberships. Also, there are dozens and dozens of exercise videos, narrated by me and performed by our own Luke_PNI.
    How cool! My Coach/Mentor/Friend with my original protege/student/player/friend!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo View Post
    I have been using p/rr/s for some time and it really is a great program. The gains keep coming!
    P/RR/S is 2nd to none. I use it year round. I modify it. It's chemeleon-like because you can adapt it to so many things. I use it for my baseball team and use the methods with periodization and other things. Such a versatile program!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  270 lbs.

I have tried this in the past just using my chest. I did like it but had questions that I never found answers to:

-Should you be doing the PRRS for every muscle group throughout the week or just for one particular lagging body part?

-If you are using PRRS for all muscle groups, then should you do power for every group for the first week and rep range for every group during the second week, and shock etc? Or should you stagger them?

-And lastly, all of these workouts seem to consist of 3 exercises and don't always include isolation. For someone who has been training for 10 years would it make sense to add a 4th exercise on any of the week or what?

Thanks in advance.
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBP View Post
    I have tried this in the past just using my chest. I did like it but had questions that I never found answers to:

-Should you be doing the PRRS for every muscle group throughout the week or just for one particular lagging body part?

-If you are using PRRS for all muscle groups, then should you do power for every group for the first week and rep range for every group during the second week, and shock etc? Or should you stagger them?

-And lastly, all of these workouts seem to consist of 3 exercises and don't always include isolation. For someone who has been training for 10 years would it make sense to add a 4th exercise on any of the week or what?

Thanks in advance.
    PRRS hits every muscle group once per week. So yes if you are on Power week then every muscle you hit that week will be for Power.

You can set up PRRS however you want. As long as you get your reps and sets down for that certain week.

If you want an example check out my log:

Kbayne doing it PRRS Style.

I would post link but I'm on my phone
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

PRRS hits every muscle group once per week. So yes if you are on Power week then every muscle you hit that week will be for Power.

You can set up PRRS however you want. As long as you get your reps and sets down for that certain week.

If you want an example check out my log:

Kbayne doing it PRRS Style.

I would post link but I'm on my phone
    Nice I'll pop in and watch your log. Im starting this in two weeks!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBP View Post

-Should you be doing the PRRS for every muscle group throughout the week or just for one particular lagging body part? -ALL MUSCLE GROUPS

-If you are using PRRS for all muscle groups, then should you do power for every group for the first week and rep range for every group during the second week, and shock etc? Or should you stagger them? -THIS IS THE GENERAL OUTLINE, YES. BUT AFTER A WHILE IT IS OK TO BEGIN TO TWEAK AND MODIFY THE ORIGINAL METHOD.

-And lastly, all of these workouts seem to consist of 3 exercises and don't always include isolation. For someone who has been training for 10 years would it make sense to add a 4th exercise on any of the week or what? -YES, 4 MOVEMENTS CERTAINLY CAN BE USED. DURING RR WEEK I USUALLY INSTRUCT A MOVEMENT FOR 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20, FOR EXAMPLE.

Thanks in advance.
    Answers above! : )
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  270 lbs.

Thanks alot man! I can't wait to get started.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Just had Chest and Shoulders shock for the first time last night. Talk about a workout!! Can't wait to do the same with arms today after work. The dropset for chest after the supersets, holy hell that was humbling!
  11. New Member

Great to see all the positive feedback and also, assistance from somany members, esp Eric, THE CREATOR!

I personally feel it's best to follow the P/RR/S template of doing power for a week, rep range for a week, shock for a week for at least 3-4 cycles through. At that time you can cycle it anyway you want to. For more power/strength athletes you could do P/RR/P/S. If you are more of an endurance athlete you can do S/P/S/RR. If you find that one particular method suits you better you can incorporate more weeks of that in your rotation. You could do P/P/P/RR/RR/RR/S/S/S. The options are endless. My favorite week is when Eric sends me a Hybrid week when you do an exercise from each week in the same workout!
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subd ... Great looking routine set up.. This looks like something similar that I use to do year ago, I would hit Low reps for 3-4 weeks, then do a high rep routine for the next 3, then do an all out volume type workout for a week.. Similar in a way haha but very effective.. Gained most of my size that way I believe
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

just did arms on shock week. Whoa Nelly that was awesome
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

I know this is a stupid question but Id like to start in this where do I start / find info etc

Never mind. I read the opening post doh .
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

PR city today on power day for legs!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  270 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    PR city today on power day for legs!
    Congrats!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

In the Rep Range week. Don't think I did enough sets on bi's and chest. Only 6 sets for bi's and 6 sets for chest. Doing back and shoulders today. Might want to stick with just 3 sets for shoulders. I don't want to hurt myself. It's all been a great 2 weeks! I like this routine!
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Subbed
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob94hawk View Post
    In the Rep Range week. Don't think I did enough sets on bi's and chest. Only 6 sets for bi's and 6 sets for chest. Doing back and shoulders today. Might want to stick with just 3 sets for shoulders. I don't want to hurt myself. It's all been a great 2 weeks! I like this routine!
    Play around with the volume a bit until you get it just right for your individual needs! And keep us all posted! Thank you!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

A similar PRRS thread has almost 200k views right now on another board...lets kick that thread's butt on AM!!! LOL!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Play around with the volume a bit until you get it just right for your individual needs! And keep us all posted! Thank you!
    Your welcome! I've noticed that this part of the routine ends up to be the shortest. 40 minutes total today for back and shoulders assuming I did the routine correctly. Tomorrow legs will be interesting since I'm working out from home and I'm limited to what I can do. I do have a squat rack but I'll have to be creative like lunges with weights. Would it be a bad idea to incorporate deadlifts since I'm limited on routines?
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Your welcome! I've noticed that this part of the routine ends up to be the shortest. 40 minutes total today for back and shoulders assuming I did the routine correctly. Tomorrow legs will be interesting since I'm working out from home and I'm limited to what I can do. I do have a squat rack but I'll have to be creative like lunges with weights. Would it be a bad idea to incorporate deadlifts since I'm limited on routines?
    Sure you can use deads. You might want to try unique BB squat movements like BB hack, BB Jefferson squats, and front squats.
  23. New Member

I've been toying with some different things the last couple of weeks within the P/RR/S template.

For example about 3 weeks ago I was doing a lot of 12-15, 16-20 rep ranges. 2 weeks ago I did more 10-12 reps. This week I'm hitting 5-8 reps. Basically doing a 3 week descending rep range workout(s). Also, I'm using 1 shock technique at the end of each workout. For example, yesterday I supersetted nautilus mach pullovers w/ straight arm pull downs for back. For Chest I did Inc DB Fly SS w/ Inc Hammer Grip press SS w/ Push-ups. Next week I'll do a more strict power wee, but will again end with a shock technique.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Bump for use tomorrow
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Ok I'm on shock week starting today. I'm going to do chest and front/side delts. I'm still a little confused on the whole iso and compound movements. Can you give me a example of exercises that I could use and in the super set Thanks
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Finished power week yesterday. The tempo destroyed my muscles... Chest was still sore until Friday after lifting it on Monday !
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Finished power week yesterday. The tempo destroyed my muscles... Chest was still sore until Friday after lifting it on Monday !
    I had rep range this week and had the same thing with chest, sore for three days!
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Love to see you guys rockin my program!!!!!!
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post
    Ok I'm on shock week starting today. I'm going to do chest and front/side delts. I'm still a little confused on the whole iso and compound movements. Can you give me a example of exercises that I could use and in the super set Thanks
    SHOCK
    Delts
    - Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Chest
    - Superset...cable crossover/incline smith press...1-2 x 8-10 reps each
    - Superset...incline flye/dips...1 x 8-10 reps each
    - Dropset...machine bench press...1 x 8-10, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Does this help???
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    SHOCK
    Delts
    - Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Chest
    - Superset...cable crossover/incline smith press...1-2 x 8-10 reps each
    - Superset...incline flye/dips...1 x 8-10 reps each
    - Dropset...machine bench press...1 x 8-10, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Does this help???
    Thanks tank
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post
    Thanks tank
    Anytime!!! Just holla if you need anything else, I will try my best to answer it!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Starting my third cycle this week. I have been telling everyone I know about PRRS, such a great workout. Never get bored cause it's different every week. After this three week stretch I'm going to do the FDFS for a couple weeks. Im stoked to try that out for sure!
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

By the way, the PRRS E-Book just hit Amazon Kindle!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSMRMNW/...kindle_ext_tmb
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Maybe it's just me but on heavy days I wouldn't do splits. For example when I do bi's and chest on heavy week I deplete all my energy on one group of muscle and have nothing left for my heavy sets on the other. IMO it's best, for me anyway, to concentrate one muscle group a day on heavy week. Thoughts on this?
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Maybe it's just me but on heavy days I wouldn't do splits. For example when I do bi's and chest on heavy week I deplete all my energy on one group of muscle and have nothing left for my heavy sets on the other. IMO it's best, for me anyway, to concentrate one muscle group a day on heavy week. Thoughts on this?
    My thought is that if this is how you feel you should go with your instincts. PRRS is the kind of program that is versatile and that can be individualized. It is the principles of the program that are most important, not the exact body part split or exercises used.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. REP RANGES for Training! Best Article out there!
    By diegone in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM
  2. Power,Rep,Shock Training?
    By mastertech in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:48 PM
  3. Rep range while "cutting"
    By Wider is better in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:50 AM
  4. Ultra High Rep Sets (50-100 rep range)
    By conversekidz in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
  5. 10-12 rep range
    By syko in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 06:27 PM