Pain in hip when benching

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hey I'm trying to get some opinions on what my problem could be.
I have been attempting to get my form correct for powerlifting style bench press. I'm arching my back, keeping my shoulders tight and kicking my legs back in under the bench resting on my toes / ball of my foot.
My problem is when I try and drive my heel in while lifting I'm getting a sharp pain on the lateral side of my left hip. Any ideas on what this could be and / or what I could do about it to rectify the problem? The pain subsides as soon as I bring my legs back out from under the bench.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I'm trying to get some opinions on what my problem could be.
I have been attempting to get my form correct for powerlifting style bench press. I'm arching my back, keeping my shoulders tight and kicking my legs back in under the bench resting on my toes / ball of my foot.
My problem is when I try and drive my heel in while lifting I'm getting a sharp pain on the lateral side of my left hip. Any ideas on what this could be and / or what I could do about it to rectify the problem? The pain subsides as soon as I bring my legs back out from under the bench.
Is it possible for you to get a video of your form while benching?

Rodja and Br can probably help you but I'm sure it would help them immensely if you had a video.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Right no worries I'll try take one on my next chest day in a few days