Car pull - AnabolicMinds.com

Car pull

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Car pull

Anyone have any ideas on a simple way to hook up a rope and harness to the front end of a 98 jeep Grand Cherokee? I'm pretty good with a welder so I have a few ideas floating around but figured id ask if anyone had any simpler approaches. Thanks guys I am all ears.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've just used one line, it was about 30' and 2 1/4" thick. I tied 2 bowline knots in each end and places those on the tow hooks in the front and that line was turned into a bridle. Then I ran a second line off the bridle to the harness

>---
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    I've just used one line, it was about 30' and 2 1/4" thick. I tied 2 bowline knots in each end and places those on the tow hooks in the front and that line was turned into a bridle. Then I ran a second line off the bridle to the harness

>---
    I don't have tow hooks on the front end, stock bumper unfortunately. I'm going to locate the mounting points behind the bumper and fabricate something so I can do exactly what you just said. Thats one of the ideas I'm throwing around because I don't feel like throwing too much money at an off-road equipped bumper. Thanks Sean, I appreciate the response.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

no problem bud. I'll see if I have any pictures of it. you could always pull her backwards if you have anything on the rear bumper to hook onto
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

my wife won't let me pull the car but I have had to deadlift the backend of a smart car. you could probably just go to a military surpluss store and get some tow straps
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4-aderm pulled off the market?
    By fizler in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 02:56 PM
  2. Cars of the Future...
    By Sheesh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 01:04 PM
  3. Bummer...at least he was not in the car!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 02:13 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 02:30 PM
  5. Car Enthusiasts?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 11:48 PM