Super Accumulation Training- creatine kinase

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to start Charles Poliquins super accumulation training routine. Its basically a 2 week program where you overtrain on purpose and then take a week off and you should supercompensate and get stronger/bigger. The thing is its a full body workout every day of the week for those 2 weeks and on mon/wed/fri you do a second full body workout with high volume deadlifts. Today was my first day and it already wore me out. But I remember hearing that some people have been hospitalized from overtraining and having their creatine kinase level go dangerously high. Your supposed to lose 10+ pounds from overtraining during that period (not sure if that will really happen) which makes me think that theres a significant amount of muscle loss/elevation of CK level. Basically... am I going to end up hospitalized and totally ruined if I continue on?

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Morning Workout
A-1. Back Squat, 5 x 4-6, 40X0, rest 100 seconds
A-2. Leg Curl, 5 x 4-6, 40X0, rest 100 seconds
B-1. Lean-Away Chin-Ups, 5 x 4-6, 4010, rest 100 seconds
B-2. Dips, 4010, 5 x 4-6, rest 100 seconds

Evening Workout
A-1. Snatch Deadlift on Podium, 10 x 6, 5010, rest 3 minutes between sets
B-1. Seated Dumbbell Press, Semi-Supinated Grip, 5 x 6-8, 4010 tempo, rest 100 seconds
B-2. One-Arm Dumbbell Row, 5 x 6-8, 2011, rest 100 seconds

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Mornings
A-1. Front Squat, 5 x 4-6, 40X0, rest 100 seconds
A-2. Kneeling Leg Curl, 5 x 4-6, 40X0, rest 100 seconds
B-1. Close-Grip Pronated Pull-Up, 5 x 6-8, 3011, rest 100 seconds
B-2. Incline Dumbbell Press 5 x 6-8, 3110, rest 100 seconds

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Unless you already have a high level of conditioning, this is not something that you should try. It seems like this should be the final phase of a 6-8 week program where you taper up to something like this.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Unless you already have a high level of conditioning, this is not something that you should try. It seems like this should be the final phase of a 6-8 week program where you taper up to something like this.

Its basically something I would only do once, tho. I just want to see how my body responds. Im just trying to figure out if its dangerous. And my conditioning is garbage. I usually just do each big lift once a week, never full body workouts unless you consider squats a full body lift. I know im going to end up dropping the weight used dramatically as the cycle progresses.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Its basically something I would only do once, tho. I just want to see how my body responds. Im just trying to figure out if its dangerous. And my conditioning is garbage. I usually just do each big lift once a week, never full body workouts unless you consider squats a full body lift. I know im going to end up dropping the weight used dramatically as the cycle progresses.
It wouldn't be safe in your situation then. This is something that you can't just decide to do as written. Now, if you want to scale it back a bit and save the two-a-days until you improve you conditioning, then you might be able to make it through.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
It wouldn't be safe in your situation then. This is something that you can't just decide to do as written. Now, if you want to scale it back a bit and save the two-a-days until you improve you conditioning, then you might be able to make it through.

So maybe something like:

Day 1
Squat (ill probably just do 20 rep squat, maybe 2 sets)
Bench variation 3x5
Shoulder press 3x5
Row variation 5x5

Day 2
Deadlift 10x6
Weighted pull ups 5x6-8
Weighted dips 5x6-8

and just rotate between those two workouts for 2 weeks?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Without knowing your current conditioning, I can't really give a good recommendation. You'd want to integrate all of the elements within his template, but mainly reduce the volume initially and split it up over 3 days instead of 2.