A 5x5 and its other lifts

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting my 5x5 program and was wondering if i need to also increase the supplement lifts weight by 5lbs each week also or do you just pick a weight and change it after a few weeks while you keep adding 5lb's to the DL, SQ and BP?

later
DDS

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
What are your stats and training experience?
i was into lifting years ago but life, work and beer got in the way :) ive dropped 50#'s in the last year.

BP = 270# for 4 (i dont have a spotter so im a tad afraid to go with more weight)
DL = 135# (i have a bad back from a car wreck so im starting low and working up the weight)
SQ = 405# max (im also working with bad knees so im trying to start low and work my way up)

body weight = 280#'s @ 6'-0"

Jymis

Jymis

Awards
So not a beginner by any means. Well the only way to continue progression is to add weight or reps. So if you are going to incorporate the supplemental lifts into the program you need to progress them at a similar rate as your main lifts or I don't think they would be doing you much good.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
So not a beginner by any means. Well the only way to continue progression is to add weight or reps. So if you are going to incorporate the supplemental lifts into the program you need to progress them at a similar rate as your main lifts or I don't think they would be doing you much good.
thank you good sir, thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure if the supps where to add weight every week, every 2 or once a month type of thing