Leg training

  1. Registered User
    eddieSt.james's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    77
    Answers
    0

    Leg training


    How often should legs be trained? I usually do these once a week:
    Barbell Squats (fairly light); Goblet squats; leg press; leg extensions;
    lying leg curl; lunges; seated calf raises. Is once a week enough?

  2. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,294
    Answers
    0


    Once min, twice max IMO..

    Try adding in deads on back day for residual leg work if u want to.. I would also not neglect adductor and abductor work. Straight leg deads r great for the hams as well.

    U could consider splitting up quads and hams as well. All depends on goals and recovery.. Play around and never let your body get used to a 'routine'
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  3. Registered User
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,175
    Answers
    0


    should and could will give you different answers. i am a fan of twice a week on most things. but if you have the time then 3-4 days can work as long as intensity and volume are balanced to match the frequency.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    phoenixx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
  5. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,294
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx
    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
    I just usedthis program to help strengthen my glutes and hip flexors to alleviate lower back pain and hamstring tightness. I used it for 4 weeks. After week 2 I felt amazing.

    Monday
    Sumo db squat- 3x12-15

    Glute ham bridges superset with rear leg elevated split squat 3sets of 12-15

    Overhead squat - 3 sets of 6-8

    Trap bar deads- 1 warn up x15, 2 setsx 12,10
    Finished off with a set or two of hyper extensions

    Standing and seated calf work 3 sets each

    Then wednesday I did

    Gh bridge superset rear leg el split squat 3x15

    Reverse bb lunges superset with bodyweight squats on a bosu ball 3x6 each leg (15 squats)

    Single leg bb deadlifts-2x 12-15

    Leg curls/extensions superset
    Adductor/abductor superset
    Leg press calf/donkey calf superset
    3x12-15 all

    And I did my upper body work on tues/thurs/fri
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  6. Registered User
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,175
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx View Post
    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
    if you separate quads and hamstrings how do you deads and squats? probably the 2 best mass building exercises there are????
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  7. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,294
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig

    if you separate quads and hamstrings how do you deads and squats? probably the 2 best mass building exercises there are????
    Yea you can't. You do your compounds twice a week and can separate isolations on those two days ideally
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. Registered User
    phoenixx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I just usedthis program to help strengthen my glutes and hip flexors to alleviate lower back pain and hamstring tightness. I used it for 4 weeks. After week 2 I felt amazing.

    Monday
    Sumo db squat- 3x12-15

    Glute ham bridges superset with rear leg elevated split squat 3sets of 12-15

    Overhead squat - 3 sets of 6-8

    Trap bar deads- 1 warn up x15, 2 setsx 12,10
    Finished off with a set or two of hyper extensions

    Standing and seated calf work 3 sets each

    Then wednesday I did

    Gh bridge superset rear leg el split squat 3x15

    Reverse bb lunges superset with bodyweight squats on a bosu ball 3x6 each leg (15 squats)

    Single leg bb deadlifts-2x 12-15

    Leg curls/extensions superset
    Adductor/abductor superset
    Leg press calf/donkey calf superset
    3x12-15 all

    And I did my upper body work on tues/thurs/fri
    Thanks for posting that, I've been dealing with some lower back issues but looking to hit legs hard. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. I'll post a pic of any bosu ball injuries... not if they happen but when.
  9. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,294
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx

    Thanks for posting that, I've been dealing with some lower back issues but looking to hit legs hard. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. I'll post a pic of any bosu ball injuries... not if they happen but when.
    Lol. I forgot to write I do my OH squats on a
    Bosu ball turned upside down with a 45lb bar. Your focus should be on going as deep as u can and opening up your hips, it's a mobility exercise, NOT strength in this case.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. advice for leg training
    By jcreedon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
  2. Milos Sarcev leg training secrets revealed!
    By OmarJackson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
  3. Leg training and shaky legs.
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. Biking, Hiking, and Leg Training Question
    By ironviking in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in