Help with increasing squat strength/endurance pleeease

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    This show situation is blowin my mind! I always bought fancy expensive shoes... Looks like all I needed was some converses haha
    Quote Originally Posted by whaz View Post
    Just my 2 cents... I do squats and deadlift's in a $5 pair of vans that are flat bottomed with a very thin sole, maybe 1/4 inch. I've had similar knee issues. Not rugby related, more-so genetics, but I've had knee surgery and just in general have ****ty knees. I've been doing 5/3/1 for about a year now and I love it. I had to check my ego and try to follow it very strictly but my lifts have all slowly but surely increased. Even my squats which I had pretty much given up on lol. Best of luck OP.
    Damn, I could never find a sick deal on converse or vans. I got mine for 12 bucks from H&M. They always have these fairy type tennis style shoes from the 90's for men. I end up getting a couple when I see them for the gym. Mine are always dogged cause the gym floor is mopped once a year.

Good luck, Mitch!

2. Thank you all for the advice, I started 5/3/1 today and checked my ego for sure. Started 90% of my 90% 1RM for DL.

Side note: could not get a squat video done yet, but will try again and post
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Ok I'll have to look into something better, with all the leg problems I have I probably should start with the right footwear
    This is part of the point I was trying to make about the coaches that oversaw your training. They obviously were not doing they're jobs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. will hawthornberry help with endurance sports
    By fjet in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 01:50 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
  3. Need help with Cardio Endurance
    By MrJosh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 01:18 PM
  5. Need Help with Bench, Deadlifts, and Squat ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM