Help with increasing squat strength/endurance pleeease

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    This show situation is blowin my mind! I always bought fancy expensive shoes... Looks like all I needed was some converses haha
    Quote Originally Posted by whaz View Post
    Just my 2 cents... I do squats and deadlift's in a $5 pair of vans that are flat bottomed with a very thin sole, maybe 1/4 inch. I've had similar knee issues. Not rugby related, more-so genetics, but I've had knee surgery and just in general have ****ty knees. I've been doing 5/3/1 for about a year now and I love it. I had to check my ego and try to follow it very strictly but my lifts have all slowly but surely increased. Even my squats which I had pretty much given up on lol. Best of luck OP.
    Damn, I could never find a sick deal on converse or vans. I got mine for 12 bucks from H&M. They always have these fairy type tennis style shoes from the 90's for men. I end up getting a couple when I see them for the gym. Mine are always dogged cause the gym floor is mopped once a year.

Good luck, Mitch!

2. Thank you all for the advice, I started 5/3/1 today and checked my ego for sure. Started 90% of my 90% 1RM for DL.

Side note: could not get a squat video done yet, but will try again and post

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Ok I'll have to look into something better, with all the leg problems I have I probably should start with the right footwear
    This is part of the point I was trying to make about the coaches that oversaw your training. They obviously were not doing they're jobs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. will hawthornberry help with endurance sports
    By fjet in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
  3. Need help with Cardio Endurance
    By MrJosh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 11:53 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 02:18 PM
  5. Need Help with Bench, Deadlifts, and Squat ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 11:12 PM