Help with increasing squat strength/endurance pleeease
- 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM
- 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rodja
10-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I am no pro... But, you need flat sole shoes and by chucks I think he ment..
Old school converse for $35-40 bucks. Flat, little to no grip or cushion inside. Almost like being barefoot. Or even crap skippies (tennis shoes) that you used to see in the 80-90's flicks/tv shows. If you look at the first rocky movie he's running around and training in chucks.
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
This show situation is blowin my mind! I always bought fancy expensive shoes... Looks like all I needed was some converses hahaOriginally Posted by garz
10-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Just my 2 cents... I do squats and deadlift's in a $5 pair of vans that are flat bottomed with a very thin sole, maybe 1/4 inch. I've had similar knee issues. Not rugby related, more-so genetics, but I've had knee surgery and just in general have ****ty knees. I've been doing 5/3/1 for about a year now and I love it. I had to check my ego and try to follow it very strictly but my lifts have all slowly but surely increased. Even my squats which I had pretty much given up on lol. Best of luck OP.
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Good luck, Mitch!
10-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Thank you all for the advice, I started 5/3/1 today and checked my ego for sure. Started 90% of my 90% 1RM for DL.
Side note: could not get a squat video done yet, but will try again and post
10-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By fjet in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 03-10-2008, 01:50 AM
- By AM07 in forum SupplementsReplies: 33Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
- By MrJosh in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
- By Harley in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-19-2006, 01:18 PM
- By The Paper Route in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM