best routine after several year break

farmerman

Awards
I lifted a lot throughout high-school and post high school, then life sorta got in the way of lifting. My question is whether its a hood idea to start new as if I never lifted or if a slightly more advanced routine would be ok. Also I'd like some suggestions for lifts for back and shoulder exercises for me because I have double shoulder impingements and no insurance. Any PT that may help remedy the shoulder issues?

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Idk about shoulders, but I'd start with a basic routine so you can get your base gains back fast. Compound lifts, like WS4SB, SS, madcows, 531 so on

farmerman

Awards
I appreciate the input. You have any preference between the aforementioned routines?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
I appreciate the input. You have any preference between the aforementioned routines?

I'm On WS4SB III and like it a lot, others use it on here too with great success

boogyman

Awards
I had a similiar situation as you. I did SS for 3-4 months, then 2, 8 week 5x5 cycles( madcow) now I am doing 531. A lot of my old strength came back quickly on SS.

farmerman

Awards
SS seems like a pretty solid reintroduction. I think I'm gonna start a new thread regarding the shoulder issue because I'm sure its a fairly common problem. I appreciate your feedback guys