i have just under 3 weeks

dillianc

Awards
Hey guys,

So I start corrections training soon and I want to be in really good shape for when I start.

I have no issues training hard and intense. I work out everyday do sports conditioning/crossfit stuff 3 times a week and the other 4 days I do the big compund movements. (Squats, deadlifts, Push press and bench press) I lift heavy with those and do assistance movements with them. I want to push myself a bit harder so i can maximize my abilities before i start class. I am 5,10. just under 150lbs bf is about 8-9% and a mesomorph. I eat fairly clean and between 2000-2500 cal a day.

what would you guys recommend for a bit of muscle/power gain?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hey guys,

So I start corrections training soon and I want to be in really good shape for when I start.

I have no issues training hard and intense. I work out everyday do sports conditioning/crossfit stuff 3 times a week and the other 4 days I do the big compund movements. (Squats, deadlifts, Push press and bench press) I lift heavy with those and do assistance movements with them. I want to push myself a bit harder so i can maximize my abilities before i start class. I am 5,10. just under 150lbs bf is about 8-9% and a mesomorph. I eat fairly clean and between 2000-2500 cal a day.

what would you guys recommend for a bit of muscle/power gain?
Drop the crossfit and make sure you're in a caloric surplus. If you're working out 7 days a week most likely you're not going very hard or are overtraining.

If you get more specific with diet and training ppl can help you better

dillianc

Awards
My diet consisits of a lot of veggies, egg whites lean meats and fruits. I dont know the exact macros and am not on a specific schedule.

as for training the days I am not doing crossfit (which the crossfit needs to stay as the class im going into is a ton of functional fitness) I lift 1 or the compund movements stated above. doing 1 warm up set a set of 7 at about 60% then 4 additional sets of 5 increasing weight everytime. I also do assistance lifts after. I am thinking of starting a GVT routine as of saturday with 45s rest in between sets.

napalm

napalm

Awards
IMO you need to gain weight, you're gonna work in a prison for christs sake...

dillianc

Awards
I already work in the prison. Have for almost 5 months

uvawahoowa

Awards
My diet consisits of a lot of veggies, egg whites lean meats and fruits. I dont know the exact macros and am not on a specific schedule.

as for training the days I am not doing crossfit (which the crossfit needs to stay as the class im going into is a ton of functional fitness) I lift 1 or the compund movements stated above. doing 1 warm up set a set of 7 at about 60% then 4 additional sets of 5 increasing weight everytime. I also do assistance lifts after. I am thinking of starting a GVT routine as of saturday with 45s rest in between sets.
Focusing on your big lifts won't preclude you from maintaining or even improving functional capacity if you do it right. Not giving yourself enough rest/doing high rep crossfit workouts will inhibit any muscle/power gains. Which is a higher priority?

dillianc

Awards
What if I'm eating good though? I know my gains will be slower doing the cross fit w/o's but i know it's possible to gain as its slowly happening already. I just need to book it up a bit over the next few weeks.